Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify adding random songs to playlist

Solved!

Spotify adding random songs to playlist

Is there any way to disable this feature?  I don't have a premium account, but I was testing out Spotify to see if I would sub here since I'm not liking YouTube Music.

Spotify added like 15 Robin Schulz songs to my playlist.  If I wanted to listen to discount David Guetta, I'd add him to my playlist myself.  I've been removing them as they play, but apparently removing the song from the playlist counts as a skip, so now I'm stuck listening to his trash instead of the songs (which are nothing like Schulz's genre) that I added to MY playlist.

Again - any way to disable this?  Not really great to be forcibly greeted with music I don't remotely like and then running out of skips while trying to remove them, especially when I'm trying to consider subscribing for the service.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out.

To make the music you love easier to find, you get suggested tracks and artists for your playlists as you create and edit them. The more you listen, the better your suggestions will be. Just look out for YOU ADDED and WE ADDED. Unfortunately, it's not possible to change this unless you upgrade to Spotify Premium here. Note you can use the 30 day trial if you want to decide whether to purchase a subscription 🙂

Hope this helps and have a nice day.

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out.

To make the music you love easier to find, you get suggested tracks and artists for your playlists as you create and edit them. The more you listen, the better your suggestions will be. Just look out for YOU ADDED and WE ADDED. Unfortunately, it's not possible to change this unless you upgrade to Spotify Premium here. Note you can use the 30 day trial if you want to decide whether to purchase a subscription 🙂

Hope this helps and have a nice day.

Jose_MSpotify Star

Follow these steps:

Settings > Autoplay > Disable 

Thanks, but autoplay isn't the problem, it's the fact that they are adding garbage music to my playlists and eatnig my skips.

Very disappointed to see that this is only able to be disabled if you have premium.  Thank you, though.

Hey @Jansither!

I'm glad to hear my reply helped you clear things up. Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Back-to-the-music500px.gif

try emailing the help system

This solution does not actually work. I've turned it off and I have a premium account. I'm so angry about this. If I want to listen to Kenny G, then I would. But, I don't. Please fix this issue.

Hey there @sheilawalton,

Thanks for reaching out! That's not cool , so let's see what we can do.

To which playlists does that happen - is this a playlist created by you or by us? What's the exact name of the playlist?

Let us know 🙂 

PetyaModerator

I have a playlist specifically called "Kota the friend" and random songs from other playlists randomly are added to it, so I have to sit there and erase everything that isn't Kota the friend.

Hi @Arod22,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community!

If you're seeing unwanted songs added to your account, we suggest you check out this Spotify Answer and go through the steps. @sheilawalton - have a look at it too.

Hope this helps! Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Xenia, the linked post does not cover my situation.

I am a premium user and random songs are being added to my playlists, and I also have no third party access given to my spotify.

Any idea?

Hey there @svjacob

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

If you notice any suspicious activity on your Spotify account, always follow the steps below first:

1. Open the Reset Password form in a private/incognito window and create a new, strong password; 

2. Open your Account Page, scroll down and click on SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

We also suggest you check this help page, as here you'll find useful tips on how to protect your Spotify-account. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Hello Jansither

this is a Bug in the App, however only free users are affected by this issue.

You can fix it by using spotify on https://open.spotify.com/ in your Browser. Check the "view as Desktop"-option if nessecery.

kind regards, 

Michael 

- making the world better, by not creating new problems

so i have looked in these reply's and most of them say u need spotify premium and or more then 15 songs. I have 60 songs in my playlist and spotify premium and they are still adding songs! I don't know if that has to do anything with my account or what.

But if someone has a solution for it, that would really be appreciated. 

In the Image u can see that up until Apr 29th i didnt add anything. 

But spotify added stuff from May 24th until this day.

And no, no one else has my account as i had reset my password because this same problem happened a month earlier

image.png

Hey @IDKT,

Thanks for posting here.

It's a good idea to give the steps @Xenia and @Ivan mentioned a go to see if anything changes.

In case the issue persists, we'd suggest you head here and contact our support team. The folks there can check your account and give you more information about it.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Why does the Spotify app add songs to whats next. I am a premium customer and have over 14 hrs on my playlist and the app keeps adding songs to my whats next? I created my playlist to avoid this very thing from happening. Plus the app plays only the first song on my playlist then I physically have to go into the app and advance to the next song. Not to mention not being able to add my playlist to my home screen. I am very disappointed in the newest version of spotify to the point I am thinking about cancelling my subscription. Stop changing the app, you're making is very user unfriendly to the point it SUCKS.

I have a premium account and it still does it on my Android phone. It's ridiculous and I'm about to drop premium altogether

I have premium and spotify is adding unwanted music to my playlists too ?? it is a HORRIBLE idea.

same.  it messes up my playlists what were they thinking

Hi folks!

Here are a couple of things worth checking:

• Make sure you're logged in to your Premium account. The mobile app offers on-demand listening for Premium users, so it won't add recommendations to a playlist with less than 15 songs. You can check this article to see if you have more than one account.
  • Check if the playlist is a collaborative playlist. Perhaps another collaborator has recently edited its contents.
  • In case you notice any other unusual behavior and suspect that your account has been compromised, it's recommended you follow the steps here to secure it.

If there's a + Spotify beside your name when you open the playlist, you most likely have toggled on Enhance / Smart Shuffle for that particular playlist. Both features will add song recommendations, but you can toggle them off by following the steps below: 

• Enhance: open the playlist and tap the Enhanced button.
    enhance.PNG
  • Smart Shuffle: open the playlist, tap the Shuffle button and switch to regular play/shuffle.
    smart shuffle 1.pngsmart shuffle 2.png

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts