Spotify adding songs I have never looked at or liked

Plan

Premium

Country

usa

Device

iPhone XR MacBook Pro

My Question or Issue

omfg. Today before I worked out I made a playlist. After making the playlist I looked through my mixtape or whatever that Spotify makes. It automatically added songs to two of my playlists that I have found so far. It is so annoying I couldn’t even listen to the playlist bc I DONT like the songs so wouldn’t have ever played them for them to show up. They didn’t even show up as we added they were just added by me simply looking at the list and playing a couple songs. It’s honestly ridiculous. It is obvious in the picture which songs have been added bc they are not green. And if you are going to say maybe I added the songs by accident NO bc the exact same songs are on two of my playlists maybe more. One playlist had 21 songs the other which I have attached has around 371. Smh

405CE79C-ED43-48E0-B7A1-248830BDB35B.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @Kristen311 

I continue suggesting that you follow the steps that I shared with you on the other post and now, reviewing your new information, I suggest that you take a look on the following article:

After getting all steps that I sent to you on the other reply and on this, try to edit your playlists excluding the songs that you didn't add. If even after that your problem persists, contact us again to search for other possible solutions 

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey, @Kristen311

Thanks for contact us here in Spotify Community

About your question, in common plan, Spotify make some changes in playlists created on your own adding songs that it thinks is relevant for you. That songs are based on your activity and on the songs that you added previously to your playlists. For more information, please take a look on the following article:

If you need more information or have any other questions, please contact us here in Community.

If you think my answer was useful for you, please give me a like and set it as solution.

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star

Okay? But I have a premium plan so Spotify should not mess with my stuff at all. They added the exact same songs to a playlist that was mostly pop and they added the songs to a massive playlist that is based on a radio station that had songs that were released up until 2007. It’s just so frustrating bc they added bands I have never listened to in my life. Way to go Spotify.

Hey, again!

Considering that your account has a Premium subscription, Spotify doesn't make any changes in your playlists, it just suggest songs based on your activity. So if your playlists are getting tracks that you weren't put it on, so you should consider the the possibility that someone else is using your account. 

Having that in mind, I suggest that you change your password immediately and disconnect your account from all devices. To do it, follow the steps on articles below:

And finally, you can log out of all web browsers, computers, tablets, and mobile devices at the click of a button:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE

Note: This doesn’t include partner devices, such as Sonos and PlayStation. For more information about logging out (or unlinking) Spotify from a partner device, check the device’s manufacturer guide.

If you need more information or have any other questions, please contact us.

And please, let me know if your issues were solved and I hope that you can have the best experience using Spotify.

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star

Okay I will do all that but today I was listening to a playlist and in the middle of the playlist, meaning after listening to a few songs and the playlist had not gone through all the songs yet, I heard jimmy eat world the middle a song I don’t not add. I went and looked at the playlist on my phone and the computer and the song did not appear on the playlist on either device. So if someone else was adding songs to my playlist why would it play without showing up on my devices too? It just doesn’t make sense to me.

Marked as solution

Hey, @Kristen311 

I continue suggesting that you follow the steps that I shared with you on the other post and now, reviewing your new information, I suggest that you take a look on the following article:

After getting all steps that I sent to you on the other reply and on this, try to edit your playlists excluding the songs that you didn't add. If even after that your problem persists, contact us again to search for other possible solutions 

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts