Spotify and Echo dot

Solved!

Spotify and Echo dot

gangeleri
Casual Listener

Hi, I am trying to link the Echo dot device to my Spotify premiun account but the spotify service does not appear in the Music Services in Alexa App. I only see Amazon Music and TuneIn.

Dows anybody know what is missing?

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify and Echo dot

gangeleri
Casual Listener
Hi, I had the some problem and It is related with the country set in your amazon account.

To solve it, log into your amazon account then go to your account —> Content and devices —> Settings Tab. Once there modify your country setting to USA.

This should solve the problem.

View solution in original post

Solution!

digisprint
Casual Listener

There is a lot of confusion for non-American users apparantly. I lve in Belgium and looked for 2 full days for a solution. But I found it. You have to change the address in your Amazon account (.co, or .co.uk or whatever Amazon shop you use) BUT NOT YOUR DELIVERY ADRRES. Read on: in the long list of options under your account, choose "Your Content and Devices", Choose the "Settings" TAB (3rd) and there change the address to any Address in US or Germany. Keep your delivery address of course to your home address.
In the Alexa App or alexa.amazon.com, now you will immediately see Spotify under Music & Books appear. Also Keep the location of your Alexa in this App on your home address. It needs this for your local weather forecast. Thank you Amazon for confusing me totaly....

37 Replies

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @gangeleri,

This tutorial may help. If not, check Amazon’s dedicated support page. :)

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Jincks_Lotus

i have the same problem. Spotify is not an option for music service, it isnt there at all, so the above steps are useless.

Engku
Casual Listener
My friend in Malaysia is having the same problem....there is no Spotify link option in the latest Alexa app after Amazon updated its app recently where it included the ability to make calls from your Echo devices. The previous Alexa app has that option to link Spotify to Echo.

Can somebody please help?

Thanx in advance.
Screenshot_20170527-071344.png
Solution!

gangeleri
Casual Listener
Hi, I had the some problem and It is related with the country set in your amazon account.

To solve it, log into your amazon account then go to your account —> Content and devices —> Settings Tab. Once there modify your country setting to USA.

This should solve the problem.

BinksInTown
Casual Listener

Hi, I have the same problem. The Spotify is not listed.

I'm located in Australia. I'm loggin through facebook to Spotify.

My Amazon app does not show the spotify option, for neither US or AU location.

What else could I try?

Engku
Casual Listener
I solved it by going to the Amazon Shopping app & changing your geolocation
address using a US address in the Settings.

Good luck.
Highlighted

BinksInTown
Casual Listener

Thanks for reply. I do have a US address already. Still I can't see the Spotify on my list...

viperdrift

It worked for me, but only after logging out and back in again on the Alexa site / app.

Try and see if that works.

ushermocha
Casual Listener

Same problem here. My country in Amazon is set to US but I actually live in Panama which is the country my Spotify account is set to. I set Amazon to US because we usually ship stuff to a US address. I suspect this is the reason it’s not showing as an option. Which is disappointing. 

SUGGESTED POSTS