Spotify app cant connect with other apps

Solved!

Spotify app cant connect with other apps

Plan

Premium

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 9)

My Question or Issue

The issue I have met recently, is that my spotify app can't connect with others apps like for example facebook messenger. When I try to connect through it, the messenger app just opens the spotify app. Then nothing more happens and it's not connected.  Is there anyway to fix this? This have not been an issue before.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Please, try reinstalling Messenger if nothing worked after you disabled and re-enabled this option.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hi there,

Have you tried doing a clean re-install of the Spotify app? You can see a guide here. Make sure you clear all the data and try to connect the accounts again. 

If it doesn't work, make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify. If your Spotify is outdated, or your phone is too outdated compared to the latest Spotify version, it's possible that you could get many issues like that.

Thanks! 🙂 Hope it helps.

Hi!

I didn't work. I am currently using spotify version 8.4.85.1006

Hey,

What are you actually trying to do with Spotify + Messenger?

yes. just connecting it so i can create group playlists

Ok, is your Spotify Account connected to your Facebook? You can check it here.

Yes, I have even tried to disconnect it and reconnect it from there.

I recommend you to confirm if the option "Facebook Processing Data" is enabled here: https://www.spotify.com/account/privacy/

😉

I got everything enabled on that site. Even the tailored ads. Should I disable and re-enable it again?

Marked as solution

Please, try reinstalling Messenger if nothing worked after you disabled and re-enabled this option.

Finally worked, thank you

Suggested posts