Premium

Country

Canada originally, just moved to France with French Sim card

Device

Samsung galaxy s5

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I just installed a France sim card in my phone after doing a factory reset. I downloaded Spotify but when I try to log in it says I'm offline, when I'm not (all my other web services are working). 

The app then gives me the option to sign in using a link sent to my email, which I receive (because I am, in fact, online) and open immediately. When I click the link, it says it is expired. 

I have attempted this multiple times, resetting my phone, uninstalling and re-installing the app, but am getting the same error. 

Since I have Spotify premium, the change in country should not be an issue. 

Thank you for your help! 

6 Replies

Same problem here. Tried to do anything possible like open the mail provided by Spotify after numerous attempts but still saying im offline. Quite disgusting to pay for a service and not being able to use it

Note: I can use the desktop app and the web player in both laptop and phone but not the Play Store app

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties accessing your accounts. No worries, help's on the way!

First off, we suggest you go through all the troubleshooting steps mentioned here.

@MaryMalaise if the link to reset your password isn't working, request a new link and, without clicking on it, follow the instructions on this support website.

Let us know how you get on.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello, thank you for your reply. I have gone through all the steps listed
in your response as well as on your help pages. I've uninstalled and
reinstalled multiple times and tried logging in on two phones - one with a
Canadian and one with a French SIM card. I've attempted over 3 different
networks (including my 3g)and although I can log on now, it's still saying
I'm offline. So I can't download or play anything.

What would you recommend at this point?

Thank you,
Lyndsay

I am still waiting for a response. 

It has been over a week of me trying to use my account, and I'm getting extremely frustrated by the lack of tech support for a product I pay for.

I have tried everything suggested on your website, in your response, in this forum, and in the many unfavourable reviews you have on Google Play. Seems like I'm not alone in this and I can't understand why we are being met with silence. 

If I'm still being ignored in a few days, I am cancelling my subscription.

Hello Lyndsay, @MaryMalaise

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and going through all the recommended troubleshooting steps.

This is an issue which we're currently looking into. We recommend you head here to add your + VOTE and make sure to leave all the relevant information in the comments, so that the right folks can get to the bottom of this:

• your device + OS version.
  • exact Spotify version.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

Suggested posts