Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify artst account - related artist

Solved!

Spotify artst account - related artist

Hello

I have an account with Spotify and I've been uploading my music through 'distrokid'. My artist page is: https://open.spotify.com/artist/5ZaFmMhTJOl2u0mxn5VF3J and my email is: [redacted]. I've wrote in a few time about adjusting my related artists but never receive a reply. Is there anyway I can have that list adjusted? As shown in the attachments, my music is more hip - hop, rap, and r&b. But my related artists is more classical and swing. I feel like this dampens my marketing opportunites If the related artist I'm attached to have nothing to do with my genre. Please help me with this and provide some insight. 

Capturefgn.PNG
Capture.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kwaseem765,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Your related artists can’t be manually controlled. These artists are determined automatically by combining music discussions and trends happening around the internet with Spotify user listening data. They’ll update as your fans listen to more music on Spotify, and as more people around the web start talking about your music.

A great way to let your fans know about other artists you like or artists who have influenced you is to make and brand artist playlists and add them to your profile. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @kwaseem765,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Your related artists can’t be manually controlled. These artists are determined automatically by combining music discussions and trends happening around the internet with Spotify user listening data. They’ll update as your fans listen to more music on Spotify, and as more people around the web start talking about your music.

A great way to let your fans know about other artists you like or artists who have influenced you is to make and brand artist playlists and add them to your profile. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts