Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify charge on my credit card, don't have a paid account

Solved!

Spotify charge on my credit card, don't have a paid account

I just received a charge for 9.99 on my credit card from ADY*Spotify USA but I don't have a premium account. How can I determine whether this is accidental or malicious without challenging the charge through my CC company or cancelling the card altogether?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi,

I found today, that have been charged on my credit card, 6,99€ by Spotify Premium London since September 2014!!!

I don't have any account, and I never give my credit card number... That's my biggest issue at the minute, how they got access to my credit card account...

This is a big SCAM!!! 

To who did you report this issue?

Thanks,

@RRibeiro85 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

spotify charged me and I don't have a paid account

Can't reach them as recommended by my bank. Charged twice in three weeks on a credit card only used for travel that had no charges in several months until a charge appeared for $14.99 on 11/1/16. Contacted the bank, filked fraud complaint, they cancelled the current card and sent a new one. We have not even activated it and there was a new $14.99 charge pending this morning. After hours trying to reach this company on the bogus telephone line that is continuously busy, attempting to use their "service form" (you need an account to access), and discovering there is an account out there under an email I deactivated years ago, I found my way to this spot and figured I would see if anything happens. From the hundreds of reviews and responses I've purused thru today I'm not hopeful. Will most likely end up needing to completely close our current CC account.  Amazing ineptness and complete lack of customer service.

hola, en mi tarjeta de credito aparece que me cobra $99 ADYEN*SPOTYFI al mes. NO ENTIENDO POR QUE

Suggested posts