Spotify charged me $5.04 for student discount even though I did not receive the premium benefits.

Spotify charged me $5.04 for student discount even though I did not receive the premium benefits.

yjung0618
I attempted to subscribe to premium for the student discount so it first asked me to enter my card number. Then it asked about my student information to confirm that I was eligible for the discount. Spotify, however, did not recgnize me as a student at my university. As a result, I could not obtain premium benefits. Yet, they charged me 5.04.
I attempted to sign up again so I followed the same process. Again, they did not recognize me as a student and they charged me a second time.
I was charged $10.08 in total.
7 Replies

Re: Spotify charged me $5.04 for student discount even though I did not receive the premium benefits

Shelleylalonde
Me too, now what, can't find a number to question this
Highlighted

Re: Spotify charged me $5.04 for student discount even though I did not receive the premium benefits

GrayFox
Casual Listener

you are not the only one my friend i tried the same thing and i didn't recieved premium

and its just pissed me off that they still charge me afterwards....

taylernicole7
Casual Listener

The same thing happened to me but 3 times. I am definitely going to leave Spotify if my money gets taken from my bank account because at the moment its pending. This is ridiculous.

GrayFox
Casual Listener

i know im leaving spotify if they take my money from my bank account its ridiculous that they charge you but still don't give you anything

emilyrenee1999
mine just says pending now on my bank statement....and theres no way of canceling it??

michaelakh

Did anyone get any answers or find a solution? Same thing happened to me. 

missykitty2020

The same thing happened to me. Has anyone found a solution?

SUGGESTED POSTS