Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify charged me after I already cancelled premium

Spotify charged me after I already cancelled premium

Went to go check my bank account recently, and discovered that spotify went behind my back and charged me for another month of premium after I had already cancelled. I'm not sure if this is because the last month of premium was premium that I redemeed, (ex two months ago i bought it and last month i recived it as a gift) or what, but I specifically went and cancelled premium before I would be charged again, and it didnt work.

3 Replies

Hey @macclap

Did you have a direct Debit set up to your bank account? Please note most banks will take 1-2 days to cancel your direct debits. How many days approx did you cancel your premium before the next payment was due?

This might be a system error on Spotify's side and you might be entitled to getting a refund, please contact spotify support.

Once you have submitted your request, you should get a "no-reply" email. REPLY to it for a faster response.

Let me know how it goes..

Thanks

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

I contacted support, and I believe I cancelled a full week in advance. It did take support a while to get back to me (next day after I tweeted them) but they said that they would refund me. Not sure if they have done that yet.

Hello @macclap

Refunds do not automatically go straight into your bank account, it might take a few days to affect your account but that;s good that you are getting a refund

Cheers.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

Suggested posts