Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify charged me for 119,88 for premium !?

Spotify charged me for 119,88 for premium !?

I have a Spotify premium subscription for which I automatically pay 10,00 euros a month with paypal. Today I checked my bank account history and saw that paypal took a whopping 119,88 euros for a spotify payment. I have no idea what this is for, and was never informed of this payment by spotify. It scared the hell out of me as this is a lot of money for me. After some searching I found out someone else also had this problem and was charged with exactly the same strange amount of 119,88 euros. What is this fraud!?

I already sent an email to premium-gbp@spotify.com and made a support ticket. I decided to post here as well because I need the money back asap and would like to very much know what in the world is going on here.

The paypal transaction reference is: B-5SS43534SC124661J

Some more details:

Totaalbedrag:   -€119,88 EUR
Kostenbedrag:   €0,00 EUR
Nettobedrag:   -€119,88 EUR
Factuuromschrijving:   261741983017
Datum:   6 okt 2013
Tijdstip:   23:46:21 CEST
3 Replies

Hey @nuclear898 ! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you have gotten in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to get this sorted out for you. Normally when this happens you (or someone else) has changed the payment options on your online account to be yearly rather than monthly. If it was not you, a quick change of password as a security precaution would be advisable. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Dear Peter,

thank you for replying so quickly.

I have double checked my account settings just now and my subscription was still on Montly €9.99, it was not changed to Annual.

I got an automated message saying the issue is being looked into from noreply-support@spotify.com, should I send my issue again to my email address?

Thanks.

Yes, just reply directly to that address (even though that seems like a stupid idea) and your case will definitely reach an advisor 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts