Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify charged me four times for the same month

Spotify charged me four times for the same month

Hey people,

I just subscribed to Spotify Premium through myunidays.com which gives me a student discount of 50%, so it's 4,99€ a month.

I then got four mails by PayPal, which I chose as my payment method and now Spotify charged me four monthly fees at once, so I paid 19,96€ in just 2 minutes. Both my PayPal account and my Spotify are showing these transactions so they actually happened!

Since Spotify doesn't have phone support, what am I supposed to do? Using PayPal's buyer protection just go with it and already paid for the next four months? Is this intented?

Thanks for your help,

Leo

3 Replies

Hello @LeonardChrist
It could be that you pressed the upgrade button several times. If that's the case, please check at your subscription page when next payment is due.If it's more than a month away, then you pre-paid ahead 🙂
Hope this helped!
K
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Hi Kate,

sorry for the late reply, didn't get an email about this answer!

No, that's not the case. Even more problems, because I started the subscription on 2015-11-10 and the site says, the next payment will be on 2015-11-20 which means just ten days after the first payment (and the other three) they want to charge me again.

I'm totally going to cancel the subscription for now, because I'm just so not happy with the situation and it's pissing me off a big company like Spotify won't offer phone support. That's just bad, I don't want to deal with bad email support waiting days for an anwser!

Greets

Leo

Hello, no worries!
It sounds like a 10-day trial in that case only it went ahead and charged you? I would recommend to use the contact form in the link below. You just follow the right steps until you get to a solution and underneath a green "I still need help" button. You press that, fill the form and send it. A reply usually gets a couple of days. To speed things up, you can reply to the no-reply email you get, even though it says not to!
https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

Hope this was more helpful 🙂
K
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Suggested posts