Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify charged my debit card, but I dont have premium service!

Spotify charged my debit card, but I dont have premium service!

Hi everyone,

I attempted to sign up for the 3 months of premium service, for 99 cents a month (for those first 3 months). However, Spotify told me that the card info I had entered, had already been used before. So, I said okay no problem.

The thing is, my account is still on the free version of Spotify, and I would expect, since they said my card had been used before. However, after checking my debit card transactions, I discovered, that Spotify, DID in fact charge 99 cents for that premium trial.

Now, it's really not the fact that its a whole 99 cents that was taken from my card. Its the fact that they said I could NOT have the premium 3 months for 99 cents each month, and denied me that service. But yet, still CHARGED me the 99 cents. And I don't even have the premium service.

I mean, in accordance to Spotify's agreements, if they charged me those 99 cents, I should get the premium service for the first 3 months. Yet, I'm still on the free version of the service.

What's the deal?

I tried to look for some kind of number/contact information for Spotify, and this Forum is all I could find.

2 Replies

Hey there!

You can let our accounts team know about this so they can take a look at //www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-account or via Twitter @SpotifyCares. Let us know how it goes.

Keep on dancing 🙂

I have a live account £9.99 has been taken out of my account for months but I am not getting the premium service I am still on the free service this is the second request I have sent to have this rectified the last message I sent had all the details of the money coming out of  my bank account please rectify or cancel poste haste.

Suggested posts