Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect not working on Pionier VSX-924 anymorE

Spotify connect not working on Pionier VSX-924 anymorE

For several days the Spotify connect functionality stopped working on my Pioneer VSX-924 receiver. Masz tried resetting the receiver and network, but I can't get it to work anymore.

13 Replies

For me is tee same problem i can see it in my list, when I try to connect with it its not connecting. I have tried resetting restarting etc... But it all doesn't matter it is since a view days like the 4th

Same issue here with my Pioneer VSX-528. Nothing happens when connecting to the receiver. Airplay still works. Also my Sonos Spotify connect still works perfectly.

I have the same problem for some days with a pioneer sc-2024. You can see it in spotify, but you cannot connect.

Spotify scratched support for older receivers' connect applications.

More info in this thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/002/thread-id/49794/page/24

Stopped working for me as well, link referring to is not working. 

I am aslo not happy about it! It does not work for me either!!! 😞 

Same on my VSX-528, which I also bought solely for Spotify support. So is it confimed that it is Pioneer that refuses to update, or is it Spotify that simple dropped support?

Google Chrome is still working, but that is a lower music quality than Spotify Connect so I sure feel a bit **bleep** here.

Hi John,

I have received unpleasant answer directly from Pioneer support so I am sharing it here. Spotify is not supported anymore on our "older" devices...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Spotify no longer supports his LibSpotify service, which was implemented in the VSX-924
More information can be found through their link:
<a href="https://support.spotify.com/us/article/why-cant-i-use-the-spotify-app-on-my-speaker/">https://support.spotify.com/us/article/why-cant-i-use-the-spotify-app-on-my-speaker/</a>
They also suggest a couple of solutions which might help you further.
F.e.:
• Use Airplay for transmission if you have iOS equipment. 
• Use Bluetooth for transmission if you have Bluetooth equipment
• Connect SMART TV or game via HDMI if these equipment supports Spotify

It will unfortunately not be possible to provide a firmware solution regarding this issue, given that this feature will be fully stopped by Spotify.
The problem only affects older Pioneer models, more recent models will be out of the clear.
Given that Spotify is a third party content, their services may be changed, suspended, interrupted, or discontinued at any time without notice, and Pioneer disclaims any liability in connection with such occurences.
Pioneer does not represent or warrant that content services will continue to be provided or available for a particular period of time, and any such warranty, express or implied, is disclaimed.
We would like to apologize, but unfortunately there is not a lot we can do regarding this discontinued feature. We merely offer the possibility to use third party features, but can not be held accountable if one of these features are stopped by the company in charge.

This was very stu... I was spotify member just for this option. Now for me there is no sense to have spotify premium. If i can play through bluetooth. 

I'm at work, but going to try moving network on receiver from DHCP to static and Google DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Somebody has this as a solution

Working again 🙂

How?

Suggested posts