Spotify connect - unrecognised device

Highlighted

Spotify connect - unrecognised device

Regular

Hello!

In Spotify desktop app, on win10, when I click connect to a device, ther is a device that i do not recognise. Amazon fireTV stick. I do not own a firetv stick. Is it possible that someone gained acces to my account? If so how can I remove the device? (I have deleted all my devices in account->offline devices)

I have seen some posts suggesting a password change, but I log in with facebook. 

Thank you.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Spotify connect - unrecognised device

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @bunPhish

The best course of action when something like that happens is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Connected devices stay with the old account, so you'll have a fresh start without them.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Regular

Thank you for your reply, @osornios

Will I be able to link my facebook account to the newly created spotify account and see my friends afterwards? I mean, since it's already in use on the current spootify account.

Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@bunPhish

Yes, if you like you can link this new account to your Facebook again, but now you won't have to rely in the Facebook login process, since you'll have your very own Spotify username. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS