Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify created a second account without permission Please help

Solved!

Spotify created a second account without permission Please help

Hello, and thank you for your time. I log into spotify through facebook.

I was on spotify last night and then shut down my computer. I come back to it this morning and I log into spotify with the normal facebook info and it pops up this green box asking if I'm a new user and the right button shows a long number and I click the long number and I can't sign in with any of my passwords.

So I click the button on the left and now everything is gone.

One of my friends saw in a suggestion to add me, and he said my other account was still there. So i browsed to his page and looked at who he was following

spotify:user:1249969371

edit: this is the new one it created for me: 12100252479

This is my user account with all my playlists etc. What happened Spotify staff?

Why did Spotify just decide to create a new account for me without my permission and no way to get back to the old one?

How do I get transfered back to the old one? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

From memory this is a bug and Spotify are looking into it.

However to fix it, I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify should be able to sort it out for you.

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

From memory this is a bug and Spotify are looking into it.

However to fix it, I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify should be able to sort it out for you.

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

Thanks Anthony 🙂

Hello,

I have the same Problem. Yesterday I update the app. If i was finished, i want to login with my facebook account, so it create a new user. Why??

I doens´t understand it.

My favourits music list is cleanet and i have a premium account for 30days. But I cannot find this premium account in my user dates on spotify.

Can you help me ??

did this work? I am having the exact same problem and I am very distraught 

@sw97 wrote:

did this work? I am having the exact same problem and I am very distraught 

Hi,

This is an ongoing issue being looked into by the staff.

If you follow my steps in the post above for the other user, someone at Spotify should be able to sort it for you 🙂

Anthony

This exact thing happened to me please please help!

i have lost everything in my premium account and also all access to it.

@user-removed -- you only have one Spotify account connected to your Community profile, which was created via Facebook yesterday. Do you normally log in with Facebook details or a specific Spotify username?

If you're not sure, get in touch here and one of our support team will get back to you as soon as they can. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

i thought i normally logged on with my username details, but this didnt seem to be working yesterday. niether my username or password was working. i tried looging on through facebook as nothing else seemed to be working. i know my old premium account still exits as ive been able to follow it through the new basic/free account that has been started. i dont know if you are able to see that account??? please, i really wnt my old premium account back not this other one.

I would get a password reset for your account and try and login again.

To get a password reset:
1. Go to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/
2. If you get redirected to your online profile (where you need to current password to make the change), you are still logged into the website. Click on your name at the top and choose Log Out.
3. Return to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/ and you should be able to request a reset by entering your Spotify username (not your email address) on the page. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

i tried this and it said, username is not connected to an active account. just so confused now. i just want someone to contact me re my premium account. i just want to reativate i or change its username and password. now im doubtin myself over what my username actually was because nothing is working. i had an autologin set up previously so i never used to have to enter my username/password details.

@user-removed Hey! I can see what's wrong, but we'll need to take some security details before we can fix anything. If you could email in here, then reply on this thread with your 8 digit case number. We'll then chase it up and make sure it all gets done.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts