Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify deleted all my playlists and says I do not have premium

Spotify deleted all my playlists and says I do not have premium

I just opened my Spotify app and I noticed none of my playlists were there and also all my downloaded music was not there. Everything is gone.

I looked up in the spotify account session in the website and it says I do not have premium. How do I don't have premium since I just paid for it a few days ago?

Also when I click to check for past receipts, it shows nothing, only a message telling that there is not receipt associated with that account.

My account name is joaoprados.

Thanks

6 Replies

hey! 🙂

have you tried going to your account on the spotify website and looking at the ‘recover old playlists’ button? or do they not show up there as well? 🤔😅

It says there was an error while trying to recover the deleted playlists. 

Its annoying cause I have been building these playlists for so long. =/

It's sad to hear that you're unable to enjoy Premium and appears to be missing your awesome contents.

For these scenarios, it's always best to start with the basics. You might be logged into another account that's on Free. After all, it's really possible to create mulitple Spotify accounts, each with their own login details, saved music, and subscription. 

Check to see if you have any other accounts.

Should you need a deeper dive on this, you can always have someone from the Support Team assist you by going here.

Circle back for questions. I'll be around.

Here's to more awesome music. Keep rocking!

Thanks for your help, but I tried these steps and it keeps telling my account is free and with no data associated. 😞

@joaoprados1

I'd recommend contacting the Spotify support team right away so they can search for the Premium account using the payment details used to get the subscription.

They will then consolidate the accounts, if multiple, and prevent further issues 🙂

Keep rocking!

@joaoprados1

It could be that you used to have a Facebook-created Spotify account which is not on Premium (and prolly deleted by now). This usually happens.

To fix this, always make sure you use the username joaoprados when logging in. DO NOT type your complete email address on the username field of the app. Also, DO NOT use the Log in with Facebook anymore.

Reinstalling the app on your device will also help clear the cache and previous data which may causing it to log you in to a Free account.

Hope that helps. Ping me if you have questions. I'll be around.

Suggested posts