Spotify deleted my daughter's account

Solved!

Spotify deleted my daughter's account

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

My Question or Issue, 

My daughter was on my premium account, I removed her so she can sign up for the premium student, Spotify has made it really hard for this to happen, asking for transactions ids that go back 6 years, and other stuff. To our surprise when we were going to answer some of the questions related to my daughter account we found out that her account was deleted, we tried to sign up again and it says the email is taken. We've been dealing with this for the last three days, ready to move.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @lenniscata

thanks for reaching out to the community !

When an account is closed, it's isn't possible to reactivate it before 7 days have passed, however it may take up to 30 days to complete the process.

The email address that was used in an account can be registered for a new account 14 days after the deletion process has been started.

However, any canceled subscription reverts itself back to a Free account.

I recommend you visit your account overview page to see if there's an option to renew the current Free subscription.

FYI, there's no need to cancel a subscription in order to upgrade.

The system will recognize any change or approved new upgrade and will adjust accordingly.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @lenniscata

thanks for reaching out to the community !

When an account is closed, it's isn't possible to reactivate it before 7 days have passed, however it may take up to 30 days to complete the process.

The email address that was used in an account can be registered for a new account 14 days after the deletion process has been started.

However, any canceled subscription reverts itself back to a Free account.

I recommend you visit your account overview page to see if there's an option to renew the current Free subscription.

FYI, there's no need to cancel a subscription in order to upgrade.

The system will recognize any change or approved new upgrade and will adjust accordingly.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts