Premium

Country

USA

Device

HP desktop

Operating System

Linux

My Question or Issue

Spotify on my desktop is incredibly flaky to begin with, but this week I haven't been able to play a song at all. For example, I go to the TGIF playlist, double click on the first song, and nothing happens. No error messages, the song doesn't start to play (the song progress bar on the bottom looks like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18OtxaTQWIexNff2glmjQtSbr6YAiPiav/view

Sometimes a blue bar does show up at the top of the page that says that this song is unavailable, but that doesn't make any sense. I can play the same playlist from my phone without issue. And this happens for all playlists / songs. I just want to listen to music at my desk at work :(.

3 Replies

Hey @dafbit, thanks for writing!

Even though we don't offer official support for Linux, our best recommendation would be to remove all the Spotify folders currently stored on your computer and download the app once again with the steps you'll find here. This will give Spotify a fresh start and you'll be good to go.

As an additional measure, we'd suggest reviewing with your workplace's IT department if there are any restrictions for Spotify on their end (wouldn't hurt to double-check with them).

We hope this helps. Have an amazing day 🙂

Thanks for the tip, but I couldn't find any spotify folders to delete. So for 2 days, I've been unable to play any songs. I tried clearing my cache, restarting chrome, logging out, etc. Nothing worked.

But anyway, this morning, I gave playing a song another shot, and it finally worked. I DIDN'T EVEN CHANGE ANYTHING! So frustrating. This has happened before too. So I guess the solution is waiting it out? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for listening :).

Hey @dafbit.

We're glad to hear everything worked itself out. I understand how it feels when these kind of things happen.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need us again in the future.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts