Country

Netherlands 

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello,

Ever since I have a new spotify account Ive been trying to get my facebook name to display on my spotify desktop app and for friends who follow me. This was able to do so on my older account (which is ended). Ive tried countless login,logouts,connecting,disconnecting facebook etc. Why doesn't this work?

Thanks.

Koffie

4 Replies

Hey @Koffiewafel.

Don't worry, we're here to help. Can you try doing a full reinstall of the app to see if this helps?

Let us know how it goes. 

Hello JuanSebastian,

Reinstalled the app, no luck. Everytime I connect it with my facebook account it says my spotify name is connected, not my facebook name.. very weird issue. Do I need to clear some kind of cache?

Thanks for the help so far.

Koffie

Apparently once you created a spotify acc(without FB) and connect it with your fb profile later on, its not able to display the fb name in the desktop app.
I wanted to achieve this effect where when i connect to discord it shows my spotify name but in the desktop app my real name. I was hoping that it worked when connecting it to the spotify acc but then it still uses koffiewafel instead of my real name when connected. 

Hey @Koffiewafel,

We're sorry for the late reply. We can confirm that your display name will be used instead of your Facebook name.

If you want, you can create a new acount so your Facebook name will be shown:

With Facebook

• Go to our sign up page.
  • Click Sign up with Facebook.
  • Enter your Facebook login details and click Log in.

If you have a Premium account, you can cancel the subscription and reactivate it on your new one. Your playlists will stay on your old account so you can follow these so you don't lose your favorite tracks 🙂 

Keep in mind that this is all just optional, but it will help you get the Facebook name.

Suggested posts