Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify (details) account and Spotify facebook account merged together? How to undo?

Solved!

Spotify (details) account and Spotify facebook account merged together? How to undo?

I have a Spotify Premium account that I login to using my Spotify details, and my wife has a free Spotify account that she uses via her Facebook account.

Somehow, our accounts seem to have become one (we share devices like iPads often). My playlists became her playlists, but my name changed to her name.

Is there anyway to undo this? Currently we're unable to listen to music at the same time, making my Premium subscription useless.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi trferrell - What's happened here is your wife's Facebook is linked to 'trferrell'. 

This can fixed quite easily. Head to your Preferences page: Edit > Spotify (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook'. The button will read 'Connect to Facebook' when her account has been removed.

You can then connect it to your own Facebook to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi trferrell - What's happened here is your wife's Facebook is linked to 'trferrell'. 

This can fixed quite easily. Head to your Preferences page: Edit > Spotify (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook'. The button will read 'Connect to Facebook' when her account has been removed.

You can then connect it to your own Facebook to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. 

Yes. Add more Facebook. That will solve everything.

Suggested posts