Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify displays the username instead of my Facebook name after linking the accounts

Spotify displays the username instead of my Facebook name after linking the accounts

Hello,
I ran into this issue after just a few days after creating my account. Usually sites have a way to let users change their username (usually with some restriction like having to pay or be able to do it every few months or something, which I do not mind) so without too much thought I chose the username that I usually use online when I want to remain somewhat annonymous. After getting premium for spotify and linking my Facebook account I realised that I can follow my friends and they can follow me back but nobody knows me by my "online username". So, I told myselft that I want to change my username. I read some topics here about the same problem and usually the answer is: "Have you tried loging and back on?", "Give it some time" and other very basic answers. Are there any actual answers to this problem? Because in my case nothing seems to fix it. It's been almost 6 months since I linked my facebook to my spotify account and I still have my stupid username show up when I ask my friends to search for me. It is super annoying.
Thanks, guys.

4 Replies

Hey @MrMuffs, welcome to the Community!

Try disconnecting Facebook following these steps > clearing your browser's cache and cookies > linking Facebook again.

After that, log out and back in a few times from your devices to see if it makes a difference.

If not, go into your Facebook settings > Apps > Spotify and make sure there aren't any restrictions set for Spotify that could be preventing your Facebook name from showing up instead of your Spotify username.

Hope that helps 🙂

Thank you. I will make sure to report my success if this works 🙂

No success. To be honest I can't even relink my Facebook account after I disconnected. The button "Connect to facebook" just doesn't do anything once I press it. Oh well, guess I'll have to deal with stupid decisions Spotify made by not allowing users to change their usernames and feel uncomfortable once I'm asked what's my Spotify username.
Thanks anyway.

my spotify user is still random bunch of number and word

Suggested posts