Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not recognise I have a premium account

Spotify does not recognise I have a premium account

Hi

I am currently paying 9.99 per month but when I log in to spotify it does not recognise that I have a premium account.

Please let me know what I need to do.

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like you might have accidentally created and logged into a duplicate account.

Try following the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you back into your original account. If not, there is a link in that post to get in touch with the Spotify team directly and they can lend a hand. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter

thanks for your reply 🙂

I'm still having trouble. First, I can't seem to log in to Spotify where it is not connected to my Facebook account. So I can't see the Social Network setting under Preferences.

The article also suggested this might have happened because I set my account up in 2011, this is not the case, I just set it up in 2013. I am based in Ireland, I think it only launched here in 2013

I would appreciate any suggestions. As it is I have been paying for a premium service for a while now and not receiving it

Thanks!

In that case get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will have a dig to find out what has happened to your old account you are paying for!

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks very much for your help Peter 🙂

Suggested posts