Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not send the email on how to reset the password even though it claims to do so

Spotify does not send the email on how to reset the password even though it claims to do so

Hi!

I have Spotify premium and I am trying to change my password, but cannot do that. In 'Edit profile' I can fill the new password, but cannot save the change since Spotify does not accept my old password. I clicked 'Forgot your password?' to get instructions on resetting the password, and Spotify claims that it send me an email. However, I never got an email. I tried it several times, both with my username and with my email.

4 Replies

Is it here that you're trying to change your password? If so, once you're logged in you shouldn't need to confirm your existing password to set a new one - just type your chosen new one twice.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I have been trying to reset my password for weeks now without success, using the link each time I try and enter a new password I get a message "could not update your passowrd" therefore I cannot get into it so now I am locked out as my previous password would not work and it will not update my password via the link

Don't worry, Spotify Support can help get you logged back in and listening in no time.

Just get in touch using our online form, reply to the autoresponse mail and one of our advisors will be back in touch to help.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

I am trying to relogin into my iphone account, but I have forgotten my password. I click "Forgot your password?" type either my username or email address (which are both correct), but Spotify does not send me an email to reset my password. What should I do? I have followed your guidlines, but they have not helped me. How can I get Spotify to send me a password reset email?

Suggested posts