Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't work on my Android Xioami Mi A1

Spotify doesn't work on my Android Xioami Mi A1

Greetings,

My info:

Plan: Premium

Device: Xiaomi Mi A2

Operating System: Android Pie (Android One)

My Spotify is not working on my phone as before, I made the payment for another month of premium subscription, the premium plan that I was using expired and Spotify notified me that I can't use it out of my country for more than 14 days and i couldn't login, after I paid I could login but the app doesn't play anything, I can't look at my music, my playlist, nothing...please Help!

I already did a lot of steps trying to solve this but nothing works, reboot, clean reinstall, clear cache.

I can use spotify on desktop app but not i'm my phone and I only pay for premium for all the features that I can use in my phone, please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks

8 Replies

Hey there @simon9864,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, does this persist even after a soft reset of your device?

We'd also recommend making sure of the following:

• Install any pending updates on your Android device's operating system.
  • Spotify is updated to the latest version available.
  • Spotify is set as an exception for any cache-clearing apps.
  • Your device isn't rooted.

On another note, any screenshots of what's happening would be helpful so we can take a closer look. Just make sure that they don't display any private/sensitive info.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina,

Thanks for reply,

Unfortunely my case is even worst, I'm just able to play the music I downloaded, and I'm Premium. I don't know what is happening, I need special support.

I already made everythin u mentioned and even more.

I can use spotify only if I turn on a vpn, but that's not the ideal.

Hey @simon9864.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Perhaps you have a second account to which you are logging into. Because if you have Premium you should be able to use Spotify anywhere in the world.

Take a look at this page which helps you find any additional accounts you might have.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi,

That's not the case, i just have one account, the one that i'm logged in, it's premium and i can't use it.

it works only with vpn.

Hey @simon9864.

Thanks for confirming that for us.

Could you let us know which country you are currently in?

Once we have that info, we can look into this further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Venezuela

Hey @simon9864.

Thanks for letting us know!

You'll have to change the country settings on your account to Venezuela. To find out how to do that, head over to this support article and follow the steps there.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you have any further questions.

Hi...

First: this support for the customer doesn't work, sometimes the captcha doesn't appear and I'm not able to reply the message, also this forum method that you use to help your costumers is not worth it. (It took me all the premium month trying to solve this problem and I'm a Full Stack Developer, just imagine the people that doesn't have tech knowledge).

Now spotify is asking me for another payment, I was afraid of this, cuz' I really like Spotify and I had a lot of music in there... but this was a really bad  experience, It's supposed that I'm paying for using spotify wherever, but I couldn't use it properly.

I'm going to list here the bugs that happened to me:

- Didn't let me log in

- Didn't let me search for songs

- Couldn't play my songs

- Couldn't download my songs

I solved a lot of this bugs by myself, opening in different ways and devices, as I mentioned before, I have tech knowledge, but what about the people doesn't.

to end you should know that Venezuela is not an available country to choose on your profile.

I'd like that you contact me directly trough my email address that you have on your databases in case your not going to do this, then...

BYE, I loose my money, no thanx

very dissatisfied customer

Suggested posts