Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesnt work on wifi abroad (but 4G)

Spotify doesnt work on wifi abroad (but 4G)

I cannot use Spotify abroad on wifi but it works on 4G (which is expensive....) on my iPad. Why is that? Can i fix this pls? Why would i pay for Spotify if i cannot use it abroad?! Thank you Daniele

7 Replies

Hi,

are you with both devices logged in?

You have to shut down the device, you do not use, or upgrade to a family account!

Kind regards...

Thank you for your help. However i‘m not logged in with both devices at the same time. Everything works fine as long as i dont use wifi but just 4G.... weird

I never heard this before. Are you sure you have the right WiFi password? The only thing I can think of is, some devices are not compatible with certain encryption methods the router is set with. If that's the case, and you're trying to connect to let's say a business like a Starbucks, there is nothing you can do. You'll just have to use your tablet.

Hey @DanieleB.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We need to find out if something is up with your WiFi network. Could you try Spotify out on a different WiFi network? See if you experience the same issue there.

Try to do a quick reinstall as well. Let us know what the result is and we'll help you further.

Have a nice day.

Hello. I treid that too. Thank you for all your help. I couldnt fix my problem and i‘m now back in Switzerland. i will try to fix it the next time i‘m in Italy. Have a good day and thank you again. Daniele

Thank you for all your help. I couldnt fix my problem and i‘m now back in Switzerland. i will try to fix it the next time i‘m in Italy. Have a good day and thank you again. Daniele

Hey again Daniele,

Great to hear it worked out for you. Hope you'll be able to enjoy your music abroad without any issues. Be sure to check out how to enjoy your music offline if you're interested.

All the best! 🙂

Suggested posts