Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify duo and changing country

Solved!

Spotify duo and changing country

I just moved from the US to Canada and would like to invite my partner to join my spotify duo plan. I've changed my payment to my Canadian account, but I am still unable to change my country under my account settings. My partner still can't accept my invite, because it says we're in different countries. Do we need to wait until the payment with the canadian card goes through next month for this to work? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @collmcgov,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You're right - if you already changed your payment method for one issued in Canada, you just need to wait for your next payment to go through so the changes are applied. You can then send the invite to your partner without trouble.

We'll keep an eye out in case you have any questions or need a hand with anything else.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Yes, I would wait for the payment to go through. This will help the transaction to function with your country. 

If you want to experiment more with this, then you can try a reinstallation of Spotify here: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/ and then try to set up your country again. 

hope this helps! 

Thanks. This payment comes out on 4.11, so I will follow up after that. 

Marked as solution

Hey there @collmcgov,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You're right - if you already changed your payment method for one issued in Canada, you just need to wait for your next payment to go through so the changes are applied. You can then send the invite to your partner without trouble.

We'll keep an eye out in case you have any questions or need a hand with anything else.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

I was finally able to get my partner linked to Duo now that my payment has successfully gone through. The country for my account was automatically updated in my profile. Thanks for the help!

Hi again @collmcgov,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to hear that your plan was changed successfully and you and your partner can enjoy all the Premium features now 🙂

Whenever you need a hand, we're always a post away.

Have a great week!

CarlosEModerator

Why is the change not immediate when the billing information has been updated to one of the correct country? We have to share the one premium account for weeks now. Seems like an oversight and should be corrected. 

Suggested posts