Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify family & playstation music

Spotify family & playstation music

My spotify account has been linked to my playstation ID for the ps4. I would like to upgrade my premium account to a family account. When i click upgrade from spotify.com/family I sign in & then I am given the following message:

"Spotify Premium

Your subscription is associated with our partner Playstation Music, please refer to Playstation Music for questions regarding your subscription.

Payment details

Playstation Music"

As both my PSN and spotify accounts are now linked does this mean that I am unable to sign up for family? If it is possible to do so please let me know how. If it's not possible would someone please let me know how I am able to 'de-link' the accounts?

Thanks in advance

11 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Have you previously had a Playstation Music subscription? This might be the reason you've Premium via Playstation. 

However, as it's new, I'm not sure.

I've escalated your message with Spotify, someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

Have a nice day 🙂

Hi-

The same goes for me too! I'll keep an eye on the thread.

I had a Music Unlimited account back in the day.

Thanks!

Hi Michael,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes I was a music unlimited subscriber. This was right up to the time that the service was cancelled in favour of spotifuggle.
Thanks

Hey @Wingsurfer & @shake_alive

In order to upgrade to Premium, you will firstly need to cancel your Spotify subscription via the PlayStation Network. I'd suggest getting in contact with PlayStation for further guidance, however it's just a case of cancelling the recurring subscription on within your PlayStation Wallet.

Once your subscription has reverted to Free, you will then be able to upgrade to Spotify Family on our website directly.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.

Thanks Pete,

After cancelling the sub with play station & upgrading to family on spotify will I then be able to relink the accounts & listen via my ps4?

Thank you!

I have the same question.  If I cancel spotify through playstation and upgrade to the family plan through spotify will I still be able to listen to my spotify on my PS4?

Like others I have this problem where I use spotify primarily through PS4 though my entertainment system, but my kids utilise it as well remotely!  I want to upgrade to the family subscription but I want to also retain the benefits of the premium subscription in PS4.  Assistance to achieve this would be appreciated! 

Hey sir what I had to do was actually wait for my subscription/trial to end and then cancel it on the PlayStation 4 then sign up for the family plan on spotify.com this allows me to have the mobile accessibility and the ability to play music on my ps4. hope this helps! Also sorry for the lack of punctuation and capitalization I'm using this via voice text

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go!

you know what, this is ridiculous, all this trouble just to be able to listen to spotify on my other devices, only reason i am even considering getting family pack is so i can listen to it on my other device with out having one of them audio go away so not only am i been forced to pay extra which is only 4.99 so its not like it will kill me but i have to go thru this trouble??? i am sure if i do this not only will i get charged i bet my solution wont be fixed, thanks spotify i thought it be cool to have the premium but looks like the free version is better.

Suggested posts