Spotify family but different country

Spotify family but different country

ciddder

Hello,

I've currently moved to Ireland for my studies, and would like to join a Family Plan for my cousin who is in Malaysia. When I enter the invite code, I get this message: "We couldn't add you to the Family plan as your account needs to be based in the same country as the Family plan owner."

I am unable to change my details as I am currently on a free account, and would like to know how I may go about joining this plan even if I put my country as a different one as my family member. Does Spotify not account for family members living in different countries?

Thank you very much. :)

37 Replies

Re: Spotify family but different country

Ox1
Roadie

Hello!
Unfortunately, no. It is not possible for users with different countries to join a Spotify Family.

Have a great day!

alexv2

Spotify won't let me change country and join family plan

We are in the same country, in the same building, even in the same apartment, but somehow my account show usa as the country, and now i cant change it, and i cant join family plan. And i did not entered us when i was creating my account. 

snopekjozef

I wanted to include my very OWN sister to Spotify family plan, but I couldn't because I live in Slovakia and she moved to Spain. Even though our residence address is the same one in Slovakia.
This is a crappy move Spotify, I just want you to know that! There is no reason to do that. Both countries are members of EU, both pay by EURO, so there is the same billing, BUT...Some policies do not make any sense, as the people who make them!

ambersmith2611
i have this problem too! did you ever manage to solve it? x

makism

after being a premium subscriber for two years; i upgraded to family pack... big mistake.

the name is TOTALLY misleading...

gilsfek

Same problem here, I moved to Austria for studies and my brother that lives in the US wanted to include me in the family pack but it shows up the same message.

Pease solve this or we will find another host like google music that doesn´t have this type of issue.

peterzajac1

Very disappointed Spotify! I live in the US my two brothers in Europe and I purchased family package so they could join. They get the same message as all the people above.

Product manager at Spotify should put it on his project list!!

khansson

I'm getting married to my girl. We live together have a kid but can't get on the an family account as she lived in Norway when she started her account and I lived in Sweden. Any ideas on how to sort this one? Can I start a completely new account with a new email address and cancel the old one?  

bongster21

same! extremely annoying!

SUGGESTED POSTS