Spotify family but different country

Re: Spotify family but different country

Casual Listener

Spotify, you need to do something about this!!! This is ridicilously annoying, the name is so misleading. Now what. I paid a few euros extra and I cannot use it? What a joke! We reside in the same house, but my kid went on a school trip and he cannot even log in. This is so stupid! Do something about it!

senor_tocadisco
Casual Listener

I have the same problem.  I opened my Spotify account years ago in the UK but have been living in France for over three years.  I upgraded to a family account but no-one in my French home can join because "they don't live in the same country as my account is registered".  My account overview is still showing my Profile as GB despite my postcode being a French one, and my billing country being in France with a French debit card.  Why has Spotify not updated my details correctly?

mo6tno
Casual Listener

Spotify, I have the same problem: my brother made his account in Bulgaria, now he lives with me in Germany, but I cannot attend his invitation, BECAUSE I FREAKING DIDNT OPEN MY ACCOUNT IN BULGARIA BUT IN GERMANY. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? DO YOU WANT ME TO PAY TO YOUR COMPETITORS; BECAUSE THATS HOW YOU MAKE ME PAY TO YOUR COMPETITORS. **bleep**ING RETARDED POLICY

xandraaguiar
Casual Listener

Same problem here. 

mo6tno
Casual Listener

I think we should post it on 9gag to get some attention from these moneyhungry fockers

xandraaguiar
Casual Listener

Apparently if you are from the same family you should always live together. Spotify, uniting us all. [irony]

chupus

I got so excited when my sister informed me that we were getting Spotify family, then I find out I can't use it because I'm in college in the US while they're based in Honduras. It's a **bleep**ty situation to get your hopes shot down like this. 

gstoyanov90
Casual Listener

I have same problem, this time with my cousin. Spotify, you need to change that ! 

geekhk

Spotify should solve this issue.  I am able to utilize the primary account anywhere in the world.  Subsequently, I added my family to the primary account, under the family plan, in the same country.  When they go off to school in a different country you cut them off? !!! The whole purpose of the family plan is mute to any user outside the US.  Spotify needs to get with the fact that their media model is geared to the WORLD.  I dont care what tax/finance treaties spotify needs to figure out.  I'll unsubsribe if this isnt solved and use social media, the industry they buit their model on!!!! to slam their false advertising....

yuriborges

I too have the same problem...family members live in Brazil and we all want an account... but we can't get family account because it's linked to your country....

SUGGESTED POSTS