Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify family - invitation not received

Solved!

Spotify family - invitation not received

Hi there,

My sister subscribed to the Spotify family plan today, and send me and some other family members an invitation. I'm sure she send the invitation to the right email adress, but I never got it. There is also no email from Spotify in my spam folder. At least one other family member did receive the invitation, and had no problem upgrading to premium.

Can you help me out?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I ended up mailing support@spotify.com and they sorted it all out.

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem?

I have this problem too. My brother sent me an invite weeks ago but I've received nothing.

I have the same problem. I am the Administrator of the Family account, I am sending invitations to family emails, but nothing seems to be going out, as none of them have received anything from Spotify....what did you do to solve this issue? thanks

Yes same problem please Spotify solve this problem, what to do?

I got angry family

I contacted the help desk. They sent the invitations directly to the emails I told them and it worked. They were very helpful.
Later on I invited a new member and worked out well for me.
Regards

Thanks I will contact them

But how to contact them?

Family members not getting invite tried 10 times

How do get in contact with help desk

Although the link says this is solved, it is not. Today I have (as the family admin) sent many invtations to the same gmail account, which I also have access to. 

What do I have to do to enable the service I pay for?

I'm experiencing the same issue. No email appears to be going out. I've done the following:

1. confirmed email address is correct

2. looked in junk folder in gmail - nothing there from spotify

3. looked in promotion folder in gmail - nothing there from spotify

4. resent invitations multiple times

When I resend the invitation, I see no confirmation... it just takes me back to the family membership page. (I'm assuming that's by design, but it would be nice to see some sort of "success" confirmation if the email really went out.

Yep, I've done the same 4 things. Also using gmail. nothing to be found from spotify.

There is no help desk to contact! I have this problem as well
Marked as solution

I administrate the email server for on of my family members, and there has been no attempt by spotify to send her the email.  They definitely have a problem sending these emails.

My daughter had the same issue when I tried to send her an invite to our family spotify. it turns out that if you have used facebook  to sign up/connect to spotify using the same email address then you won't recieve an invite. we just set up a new email for her to use just for spotify and now it is all working fine and she  recieved her invite.

hope this helps.

I cannot send inivitation to members of my family, eventhough change them

This is the worst support team for any wesbite/app I have ever recieved. It is pretty much hopeless to talk with them, better have the community figure it out themselves.

Suggested posts