Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify family - multiple accounts but Sonos through Alexa won't allow simultaneous listening

Spotify family - multiple accounts but Sonos through Alexa won't allow simultaneous listening

Good afternoon all, Looking for some help as I'm going actually insane trying to get this to work! We have Alexa in our house, and she is linked to Sonos through the skill. My wife likes to listen to music whilst I'm out, which means we can't stream at the same time. As a solution, I signed up for Spotify family to allow multiple accounts and started a new one for use only in the house. I've since added the new account to the Sonos App and deleted my old account. I've asked Alexa to play music in the kitchen (which works) on the new account but when I start the Spotify app on my phone and try to listen to something else it's still connected to the Sonos. I've removed the original spotify account (the one on my phone) from the sonos app but it's still not letting us listen at the same time. Please help, before Alexa/Sonos end up in the microwave... Luke
1 Reply

Suggestions:

1. Log out of Spotify on your phone, and log back in.

2. Check settings on the Sonos app on your phone. Disconnect your phone from the Sonos device.

Suggested posts