Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Misc iPhones

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

I signed up for Spotify Family to allow the whole family to listen to music, just to realize that you don't allow kids under the age of 13 to use Spotify. I have read that you where launching Spotify for Kids last year, but as it seems it has not been launched in Norway. What are the plans for Norway?

Or is terminating the Spotify plan and sign up for Apple Music our only option?

4 Replies

Hi there @malloq,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Spotify for Kids is officially running only in Ireland at the moment.

You can read all about Spotify for Kids and get updated on this official article.

In the meanwhile, you can raise this idea by posting it in the "Ideas" section of the community here.

If you're unsure of how to do so, follow the steps mentioned here.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

The article states (in the bottom) that Spotify for Kids is available in other countries as well, but there's no release plan for countries not mentioned in the article. If I know for sure that Spotify will roll out to Norway soon I might stay with Spotify. Not knowing if it's this month, this year, or not at all is not very satisfying when the whole idea of getting av Premium Family plan was to allow the kids access to music.

Hey there @malloq,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

As you mentioned, the Spotify Kids app is indeed available in select countries, not just Ireland.

While we don't have any updates regarding Spotify Kids being available in Norway, the best way to suggest having the app available in your country is by posting in our Ideas Exchange.

This way, other users can add their support and contribute to the discussion about this. You can also stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on.

To get started, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Do you have ant further information now about when Spotify Kids will be avaliable in Norway? 

Suggested posts