Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Artist Setup? Can't figure this one out...

Spotify for Artist Setup? Can't figure this one out...

Hi, I'm trying to setup a Spotify for Artist account on the page below. I don't find myself in the list of artists (obviously!), so I click "Can't Find Yourself?" in the bottom right of screenshot 1.  Then a little window pops up and the first thing it tells me to do is to go to my "artist profile on Spotify (not your user profile)" (screenshot 2 below)? 

How am I supposed to go to my artist profile when I don't have one and am trying to set one up? Where do I go to actually set one up? I'm confused....

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

4 Replies

Hi @BillionWatt and welcome to the Spotify Community! 🙂
In order to claim an artist profile you will need to first sign up with Spotify. This is like setting up a personal account, but in the details of "what should we call you?" you would enter the artist name you want displayed. Once the profile has been created for your artist page you can then claim it as the independent artist.

If you want to or currently work with any music distributor, I would check out this FAQ first as it might eliminate this step.
I hope this helps and have a wonderful day! 🙂

Thanks! Do you know if I can use the same email address as my regular user profile?

Hey again @BillionWatt ! 
I'm pretty sure it won't allow you to since the email is already in use with another account. I don't believe you'd want to though even if it did since you won't be able to verify a personal account.
It might also be confusing for people to find you if you did happen to use a different artist/band name than your own name. I copied the FAQ portion below on this and hope it helps! 🙂

No, but you can use your personal account to get access and log in to Spotify for Artists.

Note: This doesn’t give your personal account a verified check mark.

Thank you @Bethany_03! 

Suggested posts