Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Pc

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. This has been going on for far too long for it to be a problem on my end as I have changed my devices, settings, and other things to try and fix it. I have reinstalled Spotify and my OS but nothing helps. I also see no friends through my Facebook integration even after disconnecting and reconnecting my Facebook profile multiple times. All my settings are the same as my friends and he can see his friend activity but I can't. I already posted about this problem once, and was told it would fix itself but that was months ago. This is very infuriating as it has been going for so long.

spotifyhelp.png
spotifyhelp2.png
943 Replies

After searching Reddit and this forum, it's mind-blowing how many thousands if not more people have this glitch/error. 

Is Spotify going to do any fix about it? Genuinely curious...

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 1.57.58 PM.png

Been facing this issue for quite a while now ( many months) and I had thought the feature was disabled by Spotify. But a friend told me today they can see my activity. Weird.

I have re-downloaded the app, logged out/back in, turned my activity off/on, and have not seen my friends activity for months. It only shows one person but I have verbal confirmation from my other friends that their setting is set to public.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.  

The default setting to share the user’s listening activity has been globally set to OFF. This gives everyone more direct control and choice if they want to publicly share what they listen to. This is why you're now seeing less or none people in your friend feed.

Keep in mind that the option is just to show your listening activity in other users' profiles and not to activate your Friends feed. To see the activity of other users, the people you follow must have this option active as well.

If you've already confirmed with your friends that they also have the option turned on, you can ask them to get in touch with the Customer Support team so they can review their individual accounts.

Let us know if you have any questions.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Not a Windows 11 issue. I'm on Windows 10 and I have never gotten it to work before (despite trying many, many times).

Keep seeing the same "solutions" across several support threads dating back to 2020. Too bad Spotify's support team seems more interested in having it's user base figure out why their software doesn't work properly, rather than actually doing something about it smh. 

im having the same problem even tho my friends has told me they have they have there sharing on. i cant see the listenings of the people i follow and the people that follow me back 

Hey folks!

Sorry to see you've been having trouble with this feature.
Here's a copy of the reply from @Loneliest_Cabin with all the info we need in order for us to help you out 🙂:

"We have seen the reports of people saying Friend Feed is not working for them, and we are happy to investigate specific cases, because as far as we are aware, there are no issues with Friend Feed working.

Firstly, it’s important to restate that ALL users had “Share my listening activity on Spotify” turned off as default - so users you followed and saw in your Friend Feed in the past, will no longer show in your Friend Feed, UNLESS they turned “Share my listening activity on Spotify” back on. 

Also worth noting that you don’t need Facebook set up for Friend Feed to work.

Having said that, all of the below must be true for users to show in your Friend Feed:

• You must be following the friend whose activity you want to see.
  • The friend must have enabled the setting to publish their activity:
    • Share my listening activity on Spotify - toggled on.
  • The friend must have played more than 30 seconds of a track on iOS, Android or Desktop in the last 7 days.
  • This can’t be in a Private Session.
  • Also you should both have restarted the App at some point recently.

If all of this is true for you and your friend and they don’t show up in your Friend Feed, then:

• We need you, and the friend you are following, to post here saying you give us permission to check your accounts.
  • We need explicit written permission from both of you.
  • We can't test this with one person's username and permission.  
  • It’s enough to post here, we can find your username based on your Community profile. 

Once we have this we can do some checking. Thanks all."

Keep us posted!

VasilModerator

We have all our settings correctly and its still not showing

@thebexfactor is my friend who you can check with she is going to comment too

Hi,

Can you please check my page and @thebexfactor she will also comment

My friends are unable to see my activity - signed in to ensure they are, not in private mode, app is updated and restarted. Permission to investigate. F

Thanks for the update on your end. My problem is related but different - I can see friends listening activity however I'm unable to see my FB friends who are on Spotify. I have over 2,000 FB friends, and up until about a year ago I could connect FB to Spotify and it would show hundreds of my friend's accounts I could follow. For the last year or so, this feature has been broken. I've done all the suggested things to fix this, but to no resolve. I'd love to be able to easily follow my FB friends on Spotify, like it used to. Is there any hope that this feature will be fixed? I've tested it with friends and we haven't been able to find each other through the FB friend feature. 

Hey folks!

As promised, we checked things on our end.
We followed both of you and can confirm that we can see both your activities.

There are no issues with your accounts or sharing settings 🙂

Vasil_0-1676365957502.png

If the issue persists, restart the app and make sure you are on the latest version.
Thanks!

@weebles123 

@Thebexfactor 

VasilModerator

I have done that, and I still can’t see her activity, and I can only see 2
other peoples.

This is what I’m saying. There is a Spotify issue with friend activity and
it is not an issue on my end.

Hello.

I have the same issue for a long time, and it's bringing me a lot of frustration and I often think that I want to delete my account. 

My account has stopped showing me my friend activity, while I appear in their list. I have checked, multiple times, the settings, to make sure I was sharing my activity. 

It happens on any Windows PC I use Spotify. Happened with free, premium or family account. Updated the app, disconnected and reconnected my FB account. I really don't know what to do from this point. 

Please help. 

Miriste_2-1677005806435.png      Miriste_4-1677005975736.png

I've been dealing with this update problem on the Friends Activity section for as long as i can remember. Tried everything that was indicated on this thread- nothing worked. So, following instructions, i give permission so staff can se my profile. My friend's username is @mandi, she'll be soon commenting here aswell.

spotiprint.png

My friend who recently posted here on this thread is unable to connect with my account on the Friends Activity tab. I give permission to moderators for further investigation.

Hello, It's still not fixed for me after trying all you said above.

USERNAME: DomDom

Could you please help? Multiple friends see me but  I do not see them.

I follow a lot of people on Spotify, and none of them are private. I can only watch what two of my friends are listening to, but can't watch others.

I have had spotify for several months now, and I have not been able to see my friend activity on my desktop app. I tried different ways to fix it such as toggling the option off and on, relogging, reinstalling the app, trying a different computer, trying a different wifi, allowing access through the firewall, and enabling facebook friends. I have already verified with my friends that they have their activity set to show, and that we are following eachother.

Is there anything else I could try?

hey, i have activated everything but it isnt working..

my friends can see mine, but i cant see them

my username is @queen86

Suggested posts