Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify geolocation measures all kinds of messed up

Solved!

Spotify geolocation measures all kinds of messed up

Spotify made me switch to Nicaragua while I was on vacation, and now when I try to change it back to USA, it says "Sorry Spotify is not available in your country." I AM in the USA, AND the OSX client even recognizes this because its locked me out with a message that my profile doesn't match my location.

What a mess guys... This should be really embarrassing coming from a company of your caliber. You need to get on this stat.

BTW I shouldn't be getting this message at all because you have only geolocated me to USA and Nicaragua -- both places where Spotify is available.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've seen some more reports of this issue today so I've escalated this with Spotify.

I (or someone else from Spotify) will reply in the topic below when there is an update regarding this issue. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Spotify-not-available-in-your-count...

View solution in original post

12 Replies

screenshot

Screen Shot 2014-12-12 at 10.13.02.png

Hello @user-removed , welcome to the Spotify Community!

You can try the following:

• Clean browser's cache
  • Try with incognito mode
  • Try with another browser

If it works/doesn't work let me know

I did try that... Didn't work in Firefox, Firefox Private, Chrome, or Chrome Incognito. I also tried from Firefox dev edition since I've never logged into anything spotify or facebook related in that broswer.

The problem is on your end, I'd guess probably somehwhere in your database calls on the account update page. My suspicion is that somehow my country settings are mismatched and whenever I select USA it changes me to another geography where spotify is not available. Again, the two countries I have available are Nicaragua and USA.

Its either something like that or the logic for geolocation-based service lockout is messed up and feeding me the wrong error code? Dunno, somewhere to start at least.

Hope that helps. Going back to Pandora until y'all use all that venture funding to get this fixed 😛

By the way, one other thing is that when I try to log in to spotify web (with facebook), it tells me I have the wrong username and password. Obviously a wrong error message since you are using facebook auth and I'm logged in. Probably not part of whats causing the error but certainly related...

Screen Shot 2014-12-12 at 14.54.38.png

I recommend you to contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form, or tweeting to @SpotifyCares.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

Yep just waiting to hear back. Thought that the employees used this forum too. I guess not. Apparently this is a common problem actually.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Problem-changing-country-on-profile...

Please, be patient, the support team takes within 24-48 h to reply back.

Marked as solution

I've seen some more reports of this issue today so I've escalated this with Spotify.

I (or someone else from Spotify) will reply in the topic below when there is an update regarding this issue. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Spotify-not-available-in-your-count...

Hi there! 

Could you please get in touch with Spotify so they can sort this out for you? 

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

As posted above I am in contact with spotify as are several other people. We can kill this thread now.

I am having the EXACT same problem but mine is between US and UK. It simply won't acknowledge the UK as having spotify anymore even though I've used it here for a year. I went to the US and had to change it for a while then got back here and it's this issue.

I've been in contact with someone from Spotify, and we'd like to know some things to investigate this further.

Could you please tell us what your username is, and which browser(s) you got this problem.

Thank you!

Suggested posts