Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has been paused because your account is being used somewhere else.

Spotify has been paused because your account is being used somewhere else.

I pay monthly for spotify and every week or so this seems to happen. It is really aggravating.

It pops up when I am driving or when I am at home.

I have changed the password multiple times and immediately after I use the logout all accounts.

What is mighty suspicious is that 'whoever' is logging into my account NEVER LISTENS TO ANYTHING. There is no music played, there is nothing changed.

Is there anyway for you to check on the backend the IP address? I literally just logged out with your website, right after I changed the password. Funny enough it didn't log me out...........WTH Spotify..wth..

5 Replies

Hey @scottman2008,

That's not cool! It looks as though someone else might be using your account. The best option for you now is to read and follow the steps outlined in this article as soon as possible.

Cheers, and let me know if you need help with anything else,
Tim

Tim

@ItsPugle

I have changed my password multiple times. I have clicked the logout of everywhere or whatever it is...FUNNY THING it doesn't log me out........

I have even done the logout of everywhere immediately after changing my password. It still doesn't log me out of the computer.
My facebook is not linked, there is no facebook linked.

Everything is as it should be except I keep getting logged out.
Also if it helps any this started about a day or two after I started paying for premium.

This is starting to get ridiculous...It doesn't appear as though anyone hacked me. I work in IT (Not saying I know everything and heck I could have made a mistake...) But nothing is changed after I get logged out. No music is even listened too. No changes nothing. Just me getting logged out.

It weird cuz I can log in on my phone and it shows everywhere I am logged in at. Nothing is unfamiliar and no one is at any of the other locations that I log in at...so there is no way anyone is hacking me...

Any insight into this issue would be appreciated.

I just had this happen to me as well. Just changed my password and logged out of my account everywhere and it happened again 30 seconds later

ill probably switch over to google music if it I cant get it fixed soon

Hey @o-- and @scottman2008,

We're not able to help you with this in the community. You'll need to read over and follow the steps from this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-accoun....

Cheers!

Hey I dont know if you got yours working but I think I fixed mine. My account was linked to a sonos system that was being used at my parents house. I played some music on that system before but I dont remember linking it. And the thing on spotify to log off everywhere didnt fix it. 

I had to go into the phone that controlled the sonos and unlink it there. 

Hopefully that fixes your issue and hopefully spotify can fix the log off everywhere feature

Suggested posts