Country

USA

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 11

My Question or Issue

Hi Community,

A few weeks ago I was at a party and the group volunteered me to use my Spotify account at a community space. Specifically, this apartment complex has an ipad on the wall with an app that allows users to log into their spotify accounts. I logged in, played from a playlist, and made sure to log out before I left. Now, numerous times a day, sometimes even multiple times a song, the song will pause and I will get a pop-up that says “Spotify has been paused because your account is being used elsewhere.” It’s very frustrating because I use Spotify multiple times per day and it keeps pausing in the middle of the song. And I do not share my account with anyone else.

I have tried:

1) Logging out of all devices multiple times

2) Changing my password on facebook since the two accounts are linked

3) Updating Spotify to the most up-to-date version

4) Deleting the app and re-installing it

I am running out of ideas and getting frustrated that I spend money every month to get music that gets interrupted frequently. Please help! Thanks

C20316F6-B3DF-4B50-9229-3F4810E9674D.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello,

I see that you've changed your Facebook password. I would recommend doing the same for your Spotify account. Even if the two are linked, someone could be logging into your Spotify account using the old password without bothering with your Facebook. It sounds like, even though you logged out on the iPad, it might have remembered your login info. You should talk to the people who own the iPad if you change your Spotify password and it continues. Honestly, they may not even know they're using your Spotify. They might not have checked and your info just popped up by memory.

I hope this helps. Let the community know if the problem persists after changing the Spotify password.

- RockBlooded

Note: I do not work for Spotify.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello,

I see that you've changed your Facebook password. I would recommend doing the same for your Spotify account. Even if the two are linked, someone could be logging into your Spotify account using the old password without bothering with your Facebook. It sounds like, even though you logged out on the iPad, it might have remembered your login info. You should talk to the people who own the iPad if you change your Spotify password and it continues. Honestly, they may not even know they're using your Spotify. They might not have checked and your info just popped up by memory.

I hope this helps. Let the community know if the problem persists after changing the Spotify password.

- RockBlooded

Note: I do not work for Spotify.

Thank you!! So far this solution has been working. I didn’t even think to change my spotify password since I had originally used my facebook password to log in and the accounts are connected, but so far so good. Thanks again.

Suggested posts