Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has lost my password credentials.

Spotify has lost my password credentials.

Hi there. I'm very upset that I first don't have an actual phone number to call. I understand your company is trying to get with the future of emails and twitter, but when people are stressed they usually don't have the patience to go through hoops of means of technology. Now. I was attempting to change my password on Spotify to stop someone else from using my account. It said that an email was sent to me about how to change it, but I never got one. I made sure that the address was spelled correctly, that it wasn't in my spam, or junk folders, and that it was going to my correct email. I never got one, I tried to have you guys send me a reset email five times. Nothing. This is the first problem. Then I figured I'd reset my facebook password and just log into spotify through facebook. I reset my facebook password, and then spotify wouldn't let me log into my account with my spotify passowrd, my old FB password, or my new one. This is the second problem. I believe that this is due to the fact that my password was reset temporarily, but I never got the email to go from there. So I'm stuck now. With no phone number to call. Instead I have to spend time rifiling through blogs and posts via the worst customer service website I've ever seen when all I'm trying to do is study and listen to music. I'd like the following done to my account: I want spotify completely separated from Facebook. I want my password reset and an email about it so that I can actually log on and prevent others from using my account. I pay money every month for the usage of spotify, there's no reason why I should have to deal with **bleep** ups that have nothing to do with me (but your emailing service) or why I should have no one to call and talk to when I can't use my account THAT I PAY FOR. If I don't receive a response within 24 hours, I'll just close my account and go to itunes because this is unbelieveable.

1 Reply

Hey! Sorry to hear you are having issues!

If you could get in touch with the customer support team directly using this contact form they will be able to lend a hand to get your password reset. Unfortunately it can't be done here on the community due to the private details needed to verify account ownership. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts