Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify hifi streaming?

Spotify hifi streaming?

I just opened up spotify and saw an offer for spotify hifi streaming which promised lossless cd audio quality, discounts on vinyl records and even a free vinyl for $15 a month, but then it disappeared when I left the screen and I can't find any other information on this. I would've taken a screenshot if I had known that this was the only time I would be seeing it but does anyone else know anything about this subscription plan?
15 Replies

Hey @Mvoorhes,

No, I haven't heard anything about that myself yet. The ad may have not been an official ad by Spotify.

Make sure to take a screenshot of the ad next time you see it.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

https://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/17/03/01/1746256/spotify-is-testing-a-lossless-subscription...

But looks like it's not available to me yet 😞 Can someone at spotify hook me up with the trial? Currently I'm phasing out spotify for tidal hifi (mp3 sucks on my stereo while lossless sounds grate) and paying for both.. But I would much rather continue to use spotify. 

Client wise I'm using android, linux and windows. Both web and full client. And I also got a sonos. And since I work as a linux ops I'm an excellent person to try it on. I can give detailed description of what goes wrong 🙂

@huleboer6

Thanks for the link.

A Spotify spokesperson said, “We are always testing new products and offers but have no news to share at this time."

That's pretty much all I can tell you about this right now. Thanks for understanding 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

How do we request the Hifi beta testing? I already have the beta test on my iphone and ipad, but I did not receive an offer. I would certainly pay the upgrade to Hifi!

I want my Spotify Hifi upgrade! 

FFS.. beta testing of hifi should take place in sweden. 😠

i think couse to becuse spotify is invented in sweden

Heard about this from Stereophile sister site AudioStream. I'd love to be a tester as I stream via Chromcast Audio to an outboard DAC feeding a high end system. I also stream Tidal (including their new MQA capability) and could provide comparisons. Until now, I've only kept Tidal because of the lossless FLAC and it's what I usually stream on the good stereo. It's a good thing Tidal added MQA or I'd cancel the minute Spotify started to stream lossless!

I want Spotify Hifi now (: With this feature, Spotify will become the best streaming provider for all types of user. This would be perfect.

Money doesn't stay in Sweden (taxes are stupid in Sweden) so people don't care about investing there or growing businesses there much.

Very interested in SpotiHiFi! See what I did there? 😉

Currently on Apple Music and there's no HiFi options in our country. Used to be on Spotify and definitely the HiFi upgrade will make me jumpship!

When Spotify Hi-fi is coming for us? Or is it coming at all? Or should i move to Tidal? I'm testing it now. 

Spotify, you should hurry with this. 😉

Hey @Brilleaux

Spotify doesn't have any information to share on this right now. If it's something you would like to see, makre sure to vote on this idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Lossless-Streaming-16bit-44-1khz-CD-quality/idi-p/700006

MattSudaSpotify Star

@mikeeliwag23

Spotify doesn't have any information to share on this right now. If it's something you would like to see, makre sure to vote on this idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Lossless-Streaming-16bit-44-1khz-CD-quality/idi-p/700006

MattSudaSpotify Star

I want also Spotify Hi-Fi. Now I testin Tidal and it sound great!

Harri

Suggested posts