Spotify iPhone App Wrong Trial

Highlighted

Spotify iPhone App Wrong Trial

ChaseChaisson
Roadie

The Spotify iPhone app is saying that my trial has ended or that there are 21 days left to my trial when I have Spotify Premium and I pay $10 a month. SOMEBODY FIX THIS ANNOYING THING! I have tried to re-install and re-login but that doesnt work!

-Chase

The Windy City, Music, Design, Dream

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
21 Replies

Re: Spotify iPhone App Wrong Trial

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi ChaseChaisson- I can see your Premium upgrade has gone through successfully so you definitely shouldn't be receiving those messages. Keep an eye on your personal inbox--I've just sent you a message with more details. 

Also, as this is more of a problem with your specific account, this post would be best in our 'Accounts and Subscriptions' board rather than 'Ideas'. 

kenc138
Casual Listener

Hi Meredith,

I'm having the same issue as the above poster.  Is there anything you can send me via email that will rectify the problem?

Thanks!

David
Spotify Legend
kenc138 - Check your email!
Airhorn Enthusiast

cmarling

I have the same issue. Bought Spotify Premium and it still says '29 days remaining on your trial'

not a big deal just want to make sure it clears up in 29 days

timurstrekalov

Same here. Just subscribed to Premium and it says "30 days remaining of your trial".

MrBrightside997
Casual Listener
Hi Meredith,
Same problem here on the iOS apps. Help appreciated!

I have Spotify premium but keep getting a message saying "enjoy 48 hour trial."

queenjaneapprox

I signed up for the 48 hour trial on the 14th, and two days later I entered credit card information and now am on the 30 day trial. It worked great for about two days. Now whenever I open the Spotify app on my Android phone, I get a message saying "Your free 48 hour trial has started- enjoy the music!" It's very frustrating that I cannot download any playlists. The ones I did have downloaded are no longer downloaded and whenevever I try to download them again, it just stops around 45%-50%.

Basically, I'm on the 30 day trial but the mobile app has gone back in time and thinks I just started the 48 hour trial. What can I do to fix this?

kelseylianne

I'm also having the same problem. It's now saying I have 48 minutes remaining on my trail. I assumed it would clear up over time when it realized I pay for spotify premium, but it hasn't seemed to. Has anyone gotten their's cleared up?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone - We're doing a bit of investigating as to why some of you are receiving this 'trial' message.

While I understand this message is frustrating, you should all still be receiving our full Premium service. Let us know right away if that changes.

In the meantime, please make sure you've upgraded to our lastest iOS app. 

1. Delete the Spotify application from your iPhone/iPad. To do this, press and hold the application until it hovers and then press the X symbol
2. Restart your iPad/iPhone
3. Install Spotify again from the AppStore

We'll update this thread as soon as there's more info. 

SUGGESTED POSTS