Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify iPhone App Wrong Trial

Spotify iPhone App Wrong Trial

The Spotify iPhone app is saying that my trial has ended or that there are 21 days left to my trial when I have Spotify Premium and I pay $10 a month. SOMEBODY FIX THIS ANNOYING THING! I have tried to re-install and re-login but that doesnt work!

-Chase

The Windy City, Music, Design, Dream

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
21 Replies

Hi ChaseChaisson- I can see your Premium upgrade has gone through successfully so you definitely shouldn't be receiving those messages. Keep an eye on your personal inbox--I've just sent you a message with more details. 

Also, as this is more of a problem with your specific account, this post would be best in our 'Accounts and Subscriptions' board rather than 'Ideas'. 

Hi Meredith,

I'm having the same issue as the above poster.  Is there anything you can send me via email that will rectify the problem?

Thanks!

kenc138 - Check your email!
Airhorn Enthusiast

I have the same issue. Bought Spotify Premium and it still says '29 days remaining on your trial'

not a big deal just want to make sure it clears up in 29 days

Same here. Just subscribed to Premium and it says "30 days remaining of your trial".

Hi Meredith,
Same problem here on the iOS apps. Help appreciated!

I signed up for the 48 hour trial on the 14th, and two days later I entered credit card information and now am on the 30 day trial. It worked great for about two days. Now whenever I open the Spotify app on my Android phone, I get a message saying "Your free 48 hour trial has started- enjoy the music!" It's very frustrating that I cannot download any playlists. The ones I did have downloaded are no longer downloaded and whenevever I try to download them again, it just stops around 45%-50%.

Basically, I'm on the 30 day trial but the mobile app has gone back in time and thinks I just started the 48 hour trial. What can I do to fix this?

I'm also having the same problem. It's now saying I have 48 minutes remaining on my trail. I assumed it would clear up over time when it realized I pay for spotify premium, but it hasn't seemed to. Has anyone gotten their's cleared up?

Hi everyone - We're doing a bit of investigating as to why some of you are receiving this 'trial' message.

While I understand this message is frustrating, you should all still be receiving our full Premium service. Let us know right away if that changes.

In the meantime, please make sure you've upgraded to our lastest iOS app. 

1. Delete the Spotify application from your iPhone/iPad. To do this, press and hold the application until it hovers and then press the X symbol
2. Restart your iPad/iPhone
3. Install Spotify again from the AppStore

We'll update this thread as soon as there's more info. 

I'm not getting error message but I do have a preminum account and the message reads, "Streaming music are for Preminum accounts only.  Radio is free"

Hi Modular50 - Currently you're on our Unlimited subscription. In order to use Spotify on your mobile you'll need to upgrade to Premium via your subscription page.

For more info on our different subscriptions please click here

Im having the same problems as others on this thread. I've just purchased Premium, followed all the advice on here and yet im getting '48 hours remaining of your trial' message on both my iPhone and iPad. Any advice please?

skeletonkeyz - It's probably best if you contact customer support here. They'll be able to get this sorted for you nice and quick. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have been a premium user paying monthly for two years. Today I started to get a message saying that I have 48 hours left in my trial. I can not stream on demand. I can only play radio.

Welcome to the Community Jdogallen. The good news here is there's an easy solution. Please see this post here

I'm experiencing this as well, despite having been a premium subscriber since Winter 2011/2012. I just noticed today my spotify app saying I have 45 hours left. Is there a known resolution for this? My app is currently up to date.

@Nicolettexiv wrote:
I'm experiencing this as well, despite having been a premium subscriber since Winter 2011/2012. I just noticed today my spotify app saying I have 45 hours left. Is there a known resolution for this? My app is currently up to date.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you definitely logged into the correct account with all of your playlists? 

Normally your subscription will return to your paid one after the 48 hour trial is over automatically.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have just signed up for the $9.99 account and it is still showing me that I have only a 48 hour trial. I also reinstalled the application and restarted my phone.  Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem? 

Hi. What does your account overview show under subscription status?

Suggested posts