Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify in China

Spotify in China

Dear musiclovers,

I go to China at septebre 12th. I am there till Februari 2013.

Is it possible to enjoy my spotify music there?

Is it possible to have the same options and music as when i'm here in the Netherlands?

I hope you can help me.

15 Replies

So long as you're on a paying account and keep the subscription up, you're free to use Spotify abroad for as long as you like.

The only trouble might be getting a stable connection through. We've had some users face some difficulty getting through to us from that part of the world..

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thank you!

I'm getting a paying account and keep the subscription up, I hope it will work.

Hi Joelkoolen,

I'm in China at the moment (Foshan),  I have the Spotify Premium account and works fine. I also have VPN where i can log onto FB etc. Some of the bars/pubs here have Spotify on their computer, and i've played my songs on there. However, i really don't know how they managed to download the program because it's not available here yet. Anyway, have a safe trip next year!

Hey!

Does it work? I will be in China from September 2013 until March 2014...

Thanks!

@rvellguth wrote:

Hey!

Does it work? I will be in China from September 2013 until March 2014...

Thanks!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you subscribe to unlimited (for desktop access) or premium (for desktop and mobile access) before you leave, and continue to pay for your subscription from your home country, you can use Spotify anywhere in the world for an unlimited period. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

what if i have a spotify free account will it still work on china?

For 14 days, yes. After the end of this 'holiday period', you'll lose access. If you'd like your Spotify going for longer, you'll need a Spotify subscription.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi everybody!

i'm also in china, shangdon province, my account is premium, but i've tons of connection problem from every access point i tried: lan, wireless, 3g, work, hotel, cafes; none of them seem to be decently working. Are you sure that Spotify is completely free here?!?

Chinese government have a filter system to monitor the internet and a lot of sites such as facebook are blocked in China. You might need to find a paid VPN to be able to use some of the services..

Hi.
A little different problem for me, Im living in china, not in vacation, since 2 years. I had premium since 3 years ... but i had to stop for a while here. I still want to use Spotify in the free version ... Im willing to change my living locationn to set it up to china but china is not an available options ... there is a way ?

You need to subscribe with a payment card issued in a country where spotify is available and, initially, use a VPN to that country to resubscribe.

Yes, I agree that the best way of using Spotify in China is by using a VPN.

However, not all VPNs work in China. Here's a list of VPNs that are not blocked in China:

http://www.vpndada.com/best-vpns-for-china/

yes it will work as long as you already have premium however if you run out while you are in china, then you are a bit screwed...im not sure about using vpns as i do have one and i am able to acess the site, but i am unable to purchase the premium membership....

Thanks, that is help. I am going to China too and I worry about I cannot access my music anymore in here. 

Hello there I know this thread is a little bit older, but I have a question. Is it still possible to get Spotify in China now in 2017 since using a vpn isn't possible anymore. I plan to stay in China for seven months. Any ideas?

Suggested posts