Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify in India. My life coming to a standstill. Help.

Spotify in India. My life coming to a standstill. Help.

I'm an Indian citizen. Did my University from the UK where I was introduced to Spotify on iOS. Gave it a shot and loved it to bits. My University course was only 1 year and I used Spotify Premium everyday. It became part of my life and I couldnt live without it when I woke up, gym, getting back, transit, before bed. While leaving University, I left some money in my Barclays account so I dont lose Spotify on my phone, and I could use it in Mumbai too. And it worked, I used it for 6 months and my bank balance ran out, but I simply wasnt ready to shift to Apple Music. I made a bank wire from my Indian bank account to my Barclays account in the UK so I could breathe again and have my Spotify with me. Another 6 months have passed and as much as I love Spotify, and would like to take the sneaky route of doing a bank wire once again, this time I'll pass. And I hate it but I have no choice but to shift to Apple Music which was launched in India last year. My love for Spotify has no bounds, but its time you guys introduced your service in India because you've lost a die hard loyalist in me because he had no choice. I hope you share this story with some of your Spotify executives and understand how much your product has a connect with someone in India, and many others potentially.

4 Replies

India definitely need spotify.

Hey there @ashish007 and @sawan101, welcome both to the community!

Spotify isn't yet in India however, make sure to enter your email on https://spotify.com/why-not-available to be one of the first to know when Spotify is available in your country.

You can also consider adding your support by voting and leaving a comment for this idea about bringing Spotify to India 🙂

Let us know if you have more questions!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @ashish007 and @sawan101,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community.

We’re happy to say that we’re now live in India!

To start listening to music the way you want it, you can download the Spotify app today via the Android or iOS app store or by heading here.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts