Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify in Japan

Spotify in Japan

I have a Swedish spotify premium account but am moving to Tokyo in january 2016. As far as I understand Spotify is not available in Japan. What do I do - can I use my swedish subscription in japan?

2 Replies

Hi there! 

So, you are correct, Spotify is not yet available in Japan. You do have a few options tho:

1.Changing Country Settings - You can change your country to Japan. As long as you have premium in Sweden and a billing account in Sweden, this shouldn't be an issue. 

2. Playing Offline - Premium users can play their songs offline as long as they'd like. 

3. Unofficial: Find a way to make your internet connection "think" you are still in Sweden. Can't describe how to do this here, but there are plenty of ways to handle it via a quick Google search. 

Hope that helps! Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hey kbrooksc is there anyway this could work if I am from NYC and have an American debit card funding my payment? If not, do you know my possible options in order to make it work in Tokyo? I move Feb.4th and I deserve a golden star for how much I use my premium account! Cheers!

@kbrooksc wrote:

Hi there! 

So, you are correct, Spotify is not yet available in Japan. You do have a few options tho:

1.Changing Country Settings - You can change your country to Japan. As long as you have premium in Sweden and a billing account in Sweden, this shouldn't be an issue. 

2. Playing Offline - Premium users can play their songs offline as long as they'd like. 

3. Unofficial: Find a way to make your internet connection "think" you are still in Sweden. Can't describe how to do this here, but there are plenty of ways to handle it via a quick Google search. 

Hope that helps! Cheers!

Suggested posts