Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify in Thailand?

Solved!

Spotify in Thailand?

Hi,

I want to set up a spotify account to use in Thailand (where I live). I have had 14 days of the free account and now can no longer access.

1. Do I need to buy premium to access in Thailand or can I get by with 'Unlimited?'

2. Spotify does not seem to accept my Thai credit card. Is there another way to pay - I have tried to open a paypal account but this was also not accepted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ReddoPossum

Good news!

Spotify is now available in Thailand

https://press.spotify.com/2017/08/22/spotify-comes-to-thailand/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

27 Replies

Hi. Spotify isn't available in Thailand yet, unfortunately so the only way to listen to Spotify would be to set up a premium or unlimited account using a credit card from a participating country. You won't be able to use a Thai card or a paypal account funded from a Thai card I'm afraid.

You can sign up to be notified if/when Spotify becomes available in your country here:

https://www.spotify.com/why-not-available/

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, and If I used to be a premium member (account in France). But now I live in Bangkok, Thailand and I don't have a bank card in France now because I've closed my account in France. But I have another bank card in USA. Can I use my bank card(us) and my account(france) but use spotify in Thailand? and is it possible to use in mobile too? Regards

I just replied to your other post @daowaranya 

I will be studying abroad in Thailand for two months and I have a premium account. I am from the United States, will I be able to use spotify in thailand

Yup! As long as your premium remains valid whilst you are away, you can use your premium account abroad for as long as you like. Just be sure to download the Spotify apps to your devices before you go!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Alternative streaming services available in Thailand would be Deezer, Rdio and Apple Music.

And here we are 2 years later and still waiting!!!

Why so long ??

I have been a huge fan of Spotify for years. I have converted many I-heart users and others. Now, just because I have decided to retire in Thailand, like THOUSANDS of other forgeiners I suddenly am getting the shaft? I mean if you can do it for paying customers then you CAN do it. It would probably take all of 30 seconds to adjust your data base switch.

What a foul way to treat your users Spotify. There really is no excuse. This is why people hack MP3s.

I have Spotify premium since I was in U.S., but currently I'm in Thailand, why I can't use my Spotify
It said that I can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days.
However this is my 2nd month outside U.S. already.

I'm using Spotify in Thailand just fine. Granted, I use a VPN, but if I'm paying for something, you better believe I'll find a way to use it. Apple music is available in over 100 countries, Spotify in only 60 or so. What does that tell you about their service and what they think about its customers?

Just use a VPN. If they truly care about their customers, they won't find a way to block VPN's like Netflix does. It's working just fine for me here in Thailand.

Do you have a link for the VPN that works for you?

That's a very good point.

Well, I must admit, I'm using the app on iOS and I haven't tried on Android, but I have no doubt it would work there too. I use Betternet or Hexatech on iOS. As for my android device, I'll have to try that out. As you can see from my photo, I'm not lying about using it in Thailand. That's the Spotify album view on my iPad Mini 4. You can't see the VPN logo in the top left corner of my iPad as the app covers the entire screen which I like about the app. Hope that helps. Spotify does work on PC as well. Just look for Betternet or Hola! for Firefox or Chrome browsers. Then instead of downloading the Spotify app or program, just go to the web player. It's easy to search for in Google.

As for Spotify possibly blocking users from using it in other countries, I don't think they will. They are in competition with Apple Music which is gaining huge ground as it's available pretty much everywhere, offers the same content and integrates your own music as well. I liked it but find Spotify much better in quality. I'm sure Apple Music will get better. It's the same price and it has pretty much the same tunes as Spotify. 

image.png

Yeh me too Im Thai too

I'm wating too.

Yes, you can. I am in the same situation, I moved to Bangkok for 2 years while paying by my credit card in other country.

Suggested posts