Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify in another territory - Christmas present

Spotify in another territory - Christmas present

Hi,

I am currently considering buying a spotify premium account as a Christmas present.

The catch is that I am living in Slovakia, the person who I want to buy it for is from Slovakia but works long-term in Czech Republic.

What should I do? When I want to buy subscription, it tells me that I can only gift it to the same country user. However Slovakia is not in the "available" country list. What are the limitations (song pool, number of songs, etc.)? What should I be aware of? What would you recommend?

Thank you for your fast answer!!! 

3 Replies

Unless your friend already has an account registered in the Czech Republic (created before they went away), they would not be able to redeem the gift card. Spotify can not be currently gifted internationally. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you, I read that I can gift the e-card to the same country, which is fine, we are brothers 🙂

He has no account as long as I know. The scenario would be that he would create account in Slovakia and use the e-card bought by me in Slovakia (we are residents of Slovakia). The real question is if it will work without limitations in Czech Republic (he is employed there)? - Buying him Premium.

Thank you !

The issue is the Spotify system won't let him created an account in Slovakia since it will recognise he is in a country where Spotify is not available. Since you are brothers though, and I'm not meant to suggest such things but it is Christmas after all....

If you create a Spotify account for him, registered in the Czech Republic, then redeem the gift card on that account, then give him the login details he will then be able to use the Premium anywhere in the world without restriction. The only issue is if he doesn't have the Spotify application already, since in theory you can only download the Spotify app in countries where Spotify is available. This is simple-ish to get around on open platforms like Windows and android, but an issue on iOS etc. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts