Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify in the UAE

Solved!

Spotify in the UAE

Plan

Premium

Country

UAE

Device

iPhone X / iMac 

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

I am English and recently moved to the uae. Despite moving to the uae, I kept my English account.  Now I see you have released Spotify in the uae and it is cheaper than in the uk. 

Due to morality jssues, the uae edits music on the radio and movies at the cinema. Will I get a different experience from using Spotify uae when compared to Spotify uae?

Also, are playlists etc the same or different? The uae is more into rap and r&b than the uk, plus there is Arabic music too. If this was to feature heavily on the home screen then I would prefer to stay with my uk account. 

Any guidance on the different user experiences between the two accounts would be appreciated. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify doesn't censor or edit content delivered to them by the license holders.

The only difference you might notice is that the availability of songs may differ. But I've already mentioned this in my previous post 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @philipomara,

Thanks for reaching out.

You're always free to open a second account that's set to UAE so you can check which music available 🙂

Some releases are available in all countries where Spotify is available, but some aren't. That's up to the labels, rightsholders etc. More info on this here: https://support.spotify.com/article/content-missing/. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hey

Thanks for your response.

What about songs themselves? Do you play edited versions in the UAE?

Many thanks
Philip
Marked as solution

Spotify doesn't censor or edit content delivered to them by the license holders.

The only difference you might notice is that the availability of songs may differ. But I've already mentioned this in my previous post 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

I just recently switched from the US version to the UAE version, and now my whole Home and Browse section is filled with arabic artists and I can't seem to find anywhere to change the settings. Makes Spotify really useless to me after being used to my normal suggestions for so long.

Is there any way to change this? (My language is set to english already)

@j3rsh,

To ensure that we can offer you the best help that we can, could you please create your own thread? Doing so is easy. Simply select the appropriate board here, and then select “Start a Topic.”

Thank you very much!

MaximSpotify Star

That’s my fear by changing over. I’m not a fan of hip hop and it’s quite popular in some clubs in Dubai. So I’m worried that I will just be pushed loads of Arabic and hip hop artists.

Suggested posts