Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is charging me, but I'm not getting premium service

Spotify is charging me, but I'm not getting premium service

Spotify has charged my credit card two months in a row now, but I dont have premium service. When I've tried to contact them (only email because they don't seem to have a phone number listed anywhere), they say there is no record or receipt of payment. I've even taken a screen shot of the charges on the card, but since they didn't send a receipt, they say they can't help me. 

Is it possible they are applying my payment to somone else's account. I'm not going to send them an email wiht an entire credit card number listed and since they don't have a phone number I can call, am i just SOL?

Has this happened to anyone else?

6 Replies

I  had this happen with a different company.  My ex husband had lost his login info and because of that, the company wouldn't stop charging the account.

It probably won't get you premium, but it will stop the charges (at the very least, it will get their attention): call your bank/card and give them the transaction ID from your statement and have them do something called a "chargeback." You will have to fill out a form (affidavit) swearing that you're telling the truth and listing, in detail, the reason you want to proceed with the chargeback.  You can google it for the rest of the details.

At the very least, you will get their attention.  You might get someone to call or email you for a resolution because they probably don't want to lose that money, however, if they aren't providing the service for which you are clearly being charged (which will be verified through the bank/card), they have no choice but to give you the money back.  File a chargeback every time they bill you.

In my case, it only took once and they closed the account and we were never billed again.  A friend of mine went several rounds with AOL (remember them??) chargebacks before AOL finally agreed to close the account.

After the billing stops, wait a month or two and sign up for premium again and see if you are successful?

That's the best advice I can give you.

Best of luck

Hi there welcome to the community 🙂

I don't recommend doing a chargeback as this will only delay the case.

What I do recommend is getting in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form or by tweeting @SpotifyCares on twitter. You don't need to send your whole card number, just keep it with the last 4 digits, they will figure everything out for you.

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

@theledgestones - It is also worth double checking your login details, it is amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and a completely separate one using your Facebook details which you may not even be aware exists.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I had Spotify premium but then I deleted it because I wasn't using it very much and once I had deleted it they were still charging me and tbe y still are now and I don't know how to end it so I've been paying for something that I don't even use. I was going to download it again so then I wouldn't be paying for nothing but then I thought that they would probably charge me twice as much so I didn't. This is outrageous they should be stopped.

Spotify charged my card one time and no premium, I signed out and signed back in and nothing, I thought that would of helped, just want my money back and will be deleting from my phone

I downloaded spotify last February and had the 30 days free premium trial. Before the 30 days ended, I unsubscribed to the premium package and deleted the app since I will not use it anymore. But I was billed twice last March and again on April 8. Now I downloaded spotify again to check my subscription but it says I'm not on premium. I want my money back and stop charging me for the premium. Can someone help me?

Suggested posts