Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone x

Operating System

(iOS 10

I can tell you exactly what this is.

Spotify is manipulating the playing stats to charge more money from the artists and to cheat their way into new markets.

They simply hijacks your account, using it to play songs that you dont listen to, that way they can charge artists for a large amount of plays that arent actully played by any real users, cause nobody wants to listen to those **bleep** artists, this happen mostly with spanish songs/artists.

Spotify will suggest you to change password, this is also**bleep**.

They keep adding spanish music and playlistst to your account and plays them over and over again, especially when your not using Spotify yourself.

Im currently in contact with one of the largest music magazines in the world, to reveal this scam, which are similar to what Tidal was busted for a while back ago.

Trust me when i say, Spotify is going to pay handsomelly for this scam.

Their annual revenue is drastically sinking year by year now, and this is just a desperate and dirty attempt to save their own **bleep**.

But not for much longer.

Look forward to see their faces up in Stockholm when**bleep** hits the fan 👍

5 Replies

Hey @gr8pics,

Thanks for your recent comment on the Spotify Community.

Rest assured, Spotify doesn't 'hijack' accounts to play other music. This sounds like you might have your personal account compromised, in this instance.

We'd recommend following all the steps in this article closely and carefully to avoid this happening again. Once this is done, you should see that everything's back to normal on your account.

Thanks, hope this helps!

Seems like youre not informed about this by your superiors. This is def not anyonelse but Spotify that does this, you keep intruding and start to play the same playlist created by SPOTIFY, on MY PHONE. 

You have been ruining my entire vacation so far with this terror, by not being able to finish a single song before you hijack my player again start playing these shitty spanish trash songs over and over again.

Rest assure, resetting password, logging out of all devices etc, does NOT solve the «problem» This is entirely controlled by YOU.

Or are you gonna tell me soneone else hacks my account to listen to other music on my OWN phone?

Or are you simply implying im stupid or retarded???

Hey @gr8pics, thanks for your post here!

I understand your frustration. It's not nice when your app doesn't play the music you want. 

As Jack mentioned, it sounds like someone else accessed your account unauthorised. The steps from this article should help you secure account and get back to your music. Be sure to get in touch with the folks at Spotify (step 2 from the article) to have them take a closer look at your account.

Spotify doesn't use your account to manipulate the play count of songs. I hope you understand and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks and I hope you're having a lovely vacation! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Guys, you think you know what youre talking about, trust me, you dont!

You can read about it in the press soon, then i will have a big laugh.

Spotify dont make money, and if the trend continues, they will soon be history 👍

Hey @gr8pics,

I'm really sorry to hear that someone else has been playing songs on your Spotify account. Not having control over your tunes is never fun.

As Jack and Huib have said, Spotify hasn't and won't ever manipulate accounts to improve streaming statistics for Spotify curated playlists. If you're finding that your account is still being used to stream songs without your permission, I'd very strongly recommend getting in touch with the folks over Spotify Support who might be able to help some more backstage. I'd also suggest removing any applications from your device that might be interacting with Spotify.

I hope this helps!

Suggested posts