Spotify is playing random music, why?

Re: Spotify is playing random music, why?

felizuno

This is caused by your play queue stealing focus from your current playlist.

Spotify fails to display the green speaker icon next to the playlist that tells the user which playlist is actively playing. I have never added songs to the play queue, and assume the actual bug is not the "random shuffle" (which is a feature), but the fact that a bunch of random songs got added to our play queue.

It seems like we got some of the same songs, like BB King and the "Sons of Anarchy" soundtrack. If this is the result of the deal they cut with some record label that autoadds their songs to my play queue (thus stealing focus from the list I am trying to play) I will cancell immediately. I have been a premium user since day 1 in the USA and will be hugely let down if this is the result of some type of marketing.

Again: If Spotify adds songs to your "Play Queue" as a paying user then stop giving them money. This would be intolerable and would violate you as a user. I doubt they are, but I'm creeped out that we "accidentally" added the same songs...

krikelin
Community Legend
Might be an issue with your firewall since spotify is a http server

leb87

I did the same thing on my galaxy 3, and when i saw the green highlighted icon on the bottom left of my screen i clicked it and it fixed the problem. now my spotify plays my play list songs in order again! THANKS!

bschwinn
Casual Listener

wow, this is a pretty lame user experience.  I just had to google around and read a bunch of comments here to simply shut off random play that I never selected to begin with.

Random play seems to be attached to a playlist which is fine, but the problem is as follows.  Nowhere on the playlist screen (the main one which lists the songs) is it indicated that the playlist is stuck in random mode.  In order to see that detail, you need to click the album icon of the currently playing track to see and shut off random mode.

Why oh why, if you have a "random play" link at the top of the track listing did you omit the "not random play" link?  If I can turn something on via the track listing, I should certainly be able to turn it off from the same place (without the aid of google and the forum).

-puzzled

bschwinn
Casual Listener

to add more constructive info:

I was on the latest iPhone version listening to a playlist which was enabled for offline.

I think the shuffle icon you are using is pretty self explanatory without the need for the text "Shuffle Play" right there next to it.

Perhaps the shuffle and repeat icons could be brought here (from the info screen).  lots of valuable real estate is taken up with the existing shuffle play header row.

Joker
Casual Listener

I have this problem as well.

I click on a playlist, press play, shuffle is not marked, but for some reason the next song it starts to play is not the one bellow but completly off. 

jackattack1993

CONFIRMED THAT ITS THE PLAY QUEUE!

Go to the side bar, click play queue, click clear play queue

thanks spotify community for all your help :)

Highlighted

egarcia712

Everytime I either use my playlist or an album Spotify jumps to random music e.g. I'm playing alternative music it jumps to house. If I play Jazz it goes to rock. It's beyond annoying. This is not a local server problem since I travel a lot and I use Spotify wherever I go. I deleted the app and reinstalled and the problem still continues. It's a problem when I use Spotify on my iPhone, Macbook, my Mac at work. This is beyond annoying. Please help!

edawekim

This totally fixed my problem. It was driving me crazy. The thing is I thought it was the queue, but I had to dig to find it. I'm actually not sure how I did it but once I found the queue, I "removed" the culprits and it has gone away. 

Thanks!!!!

loklaan

The queue is the source of this issue.

As suggested, have a look at your queue - clear it if there are outstanding songs.

SUGGESTED POSTS